VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does It Look Favorable?

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i have just went to my last iu exam i am a 90% sc vet my hearing exam was the same as last time, ortho exam i dont know medical exam went well...i think..., and the psych examiner said she was going to support my iu claim. i have a letter from voc re-hab statin i am unable to do the program because of sc and nsc problems. and my last employer wrote i was canned because of my inability to do the job anymore. i have filed for ssdi as well thanks god bless

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The voc rehab statement that you can't be rehabbed due to SC and "NSC" conditions could hurt you. The VA may focus on your NSC problem and blame that for your inability to work. If you have not submitted that evidence I would hold off. Voc Rehab and the VBA don't talk to each other as far as I know. IU must be caused solely by SC conditions. I got denied the first time I went for IU because my doctor mentioned a NSC condition. He did not say that was the reason I could not work, but that is how the VA interpreted it. He wrote three pages on how my SC condition kept me from working and the VA took a phrase about a NSC condition to deny my IU. That is a string you don't want them to pull on.

im afraid i already sent it in ... i thought it was a good piece of info for my case. i really dont have any nsc issues. so i really did not know why he put it in my letter. i am at 170% by calculator addition. does that help any?

im afraid i already sent it in ... i thought it was a good piece of info for my case. i really dont have any nsc issues. so i really did not know why he put it in my letter. i am at 170% by calculator addition. does that help any?

1)Yes, NSC conditions will not be good for IU.

2) No.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

It would be the same if you had SSD and some was for SC condition, and some of it was for NSC condition. That could hurt you in the same way. The VA tends to focus on NSC conditions when looking at IU requests. If your doctor writes a strong letter for IU based on SC conditions it may not matter that much. When asking for increased disability you want to focus 100% on SC conditions.

i mailed it to the dav 3 days ago. should i see if it is too late to omit that? i really thought i was on the right track after the psych said she was in my favor due to depression from my sc problems, or should i just wait? anyway thanks for the help

• HadIt.com Elder
i mailed it to the dav 3 days ago. should i see if it is too late to omit that? i really thought i was on the right track after the psych said she was in my favor due to depression from my sc problems, or should i just wait? anyway thanks for the help

If your DAV Service Officer is on the ball, then it is too late. Call 'em and ask 'em.