VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Question: My exam results were forwarded back to the AMC after completed. When I called to inquire about a copy I was told that if they had to pull the file to get a copy of the exam, it would delay my claim. Is this true? I thought I could get one after a couple weeks from the outpatient clinic where the exam took place, but was told it was no longer there.

Any ideas???

Blackbird

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Question: My exam results were forwarded back to the AMC after completed. When I called to inquire about a copy I was told that if they had to pull the file to get a copy of the exam, it would delay my claim. Is this true? I thought I could get one after a couple weeks from the outpatient clinic where the exam took place, but was told it was no longer there.

Any ideas???

Blackbird

BB,

If the C&P was done at you VAMC - you should be able to go to

Release of Information at the VAMC and get a copy - they don't have to

pull the file or even have possession of the file as it would be in

their computer system in electronic records.

carlie

The reords are stored at the hospital where the exam was performed, then a copy is sent to the VARO. Contact the ROI Clerk at that hospital with a signed release of information. It should take about a week, if you FAX your request. Contact your nearest County Veterans Service Office or Vet Center for help, if you feel you need it. They are YOUR records, as per HIPPA.

BB,

In NC you have to go to the RO to get a copy of your C&P exam. I tried at Durham VAMC and was told the RO handles all C&P exams if you are able to get to Winston-Salem go to the front desk takes about 5 minutes.

BB,

In NC you have to go to the RO to get a copy of your C&P exam. I tried at Durham VAMC and was told the RO handles all C&P exams if you are able to get to Winston-Salem go to the front desk takes about 5 minutes.

kw34,

They told me that this info was sent to the AMC in Hunnington, West Virginia. This is where my remand went from the BVA. I guess the NC RO was too busy.

Blackbird

BB,

Maybe your C-file is in WVa but the Exam is in the computer. I stopped in filled out the form told the lady the date of the exam and she printed it out. I pick up both of my exams this way. was your exam done at the outpatient clinic a Winston or at Durham neither will give it to you I tried both said all C&P's are giving at RO.

BB,

Maybe your C-file is in WVa but the Exam is in the computer. I stopped in filled out the form told the lady the date of the exam and she printed it out. I pick up both of my exams this way. was your exam done at the outpatient clinic a Winston or at Durham neither will give it to you I tried both said all C&P's are giving at RO.

Hey kw34,

Exam was done in Winston Salem 9/17/09. Do you think my rep at the DAV could help get a copy?

Blackbird