VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish Vietnam vets could sue for the harm done to us by the VA. Their treatment for mental health constituted cruel and unusual punishment. The first objective was to destroy your self esteem.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the new ways of treating our PTSD Bear witness to the fact that we are actually and really hard-wired by the length of time that we got nothing.

The last PTSD therapist that I had stated that the VA itself is a bigger problem for the PTSD vets than the experiences which caused the PTSD.

Treating us like we are just drug seekers or lazy bums does more to cement the brain patterns than the long past experiences.

CBT ain't worth spit after 30 or 50 years of the lack of treatment at the VA.

First the VA has to apologize and admit to themselves and us that they have wronged us for a long friggin time.

The first reaction of a VA puddin-head is to call security instead of listening to the problem and then taking action on the problem.

Instead of writing down the problems I see things like "the veteran is not happy with the VA system".

Or they write down something about what we looked like.

When I'm in pain they write down that I was slouching and something about effect.

Then they add that I was seeking drugs without mentioning the thing about pain.

They can't talk me out of PTSD anymore than talk me out of pain.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder
I don't think the new ways of treating our PTSD Bear witness to the fact that we are actually and really hard-wired by the length of time that we got nothing...

sledge

Our children and our children's children were misinformed about stress related problems of Vietnam vets. This unwritten misinformation lingers among some of the later generations today.

• 3 months later...

I went to the inpatient CPT program in Battle Creek. It helped out of my original six (Stuck) points I had I'm down to two makes it a little more managable. Not sure outpatient is the same as getting put together for six weeks intensive therapy.