VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Re-evaluated?

Rate this question

devildog1978

Question

Hello. I am a Marine Corps veteran that was placed on the TDRL due to rheumatoid arthritis. The Marine Corps rated me at 40% disability and the VA has me at 60%. One of my major complaints is they diagnosed me with tinitius in my right ear at 10%. The ringing is not always there, but I ALWAYS have a very difficult time hearing out of that ear. I need to get that fixed. The other problem is while I was in my wife gave birth to a premature baby girl. She was 1lb and 11inches long at birth. She passed away after 6 months in the hospital. We finally had to tell the doctors to pull the plug because the machines that were keeping her alive were also slowlykilling her. I still have nightmares and I can not stand to be in a hospital. The VA gave me 10% and said I was greiving...2.5 years after my daughter had passed. I do not understand that.

The rheumatoid arthritis is bilateral in my hands, wrists, and ankles. I am only 30 years old and I can not just go out and run or ride a bike all day without thinking about how I will feel tomorrow. This has caused severe depression which is evident in the 30 pounds I have put on since being retired. I am limited in my job due to the damage that the RA has already inflicted upon my body. I have a wife and a child to support and do not know how much longer I can work if my RA stays active. I am no looking for a handout, but I like many of you made many sacrifices for this country and I would like to know that my family will be taken care of when I can no longer work.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

What you describe is Major Deprerssion but I am not a Doc just someone who has dealt with it.

I am sure that help is on the way.

Please let Hadit help you with your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to go to your Primary Care Physician and explain to them the depression that you have just explained to us.

Tell them how badly you feel, and that you need help.

Ask them for a psychiatric consult to help deal with the depression.

And, of course, if they do diagnose Major Depression (a VERY LARGE portion of the people that suffer from constant pain have some amount or form of depression, arthritis can be the causative factor, and, of course, if you are service connected for your arthritis, then it stands to reason that you will be service connected for your depression) then you need to be talking with your service officer (assuming you have one) about filing for the depression.

At least, that's what I'd do.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was reading a couple of other threads, and I too am on Humaria, Methotrexate 2.5mg 5 pills once a week, folic acid, and nabumentone 2x a day. I read a couple of posts about bilateral arthritis but I did not understand them. I have RA bilaterally in hands wrists and ankles. My rating for RA is currently 40%.

How do I get a service officer? I now live in Bluffton, SC and work in Beaufort. I know their is a VA clinic there but I have no clue how or what to do.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you for your suggestions. I was reading a couple of other threads, and I too am on Humaria, Methotrexate 2.5mg 5 pills once a week, folic acid, and nabumentone 2x a day. I read a couple of posts about bilateral arthritis but I did not understand them. I have RA bilaterally in hands wrists and ankles. My rating for RA is currently 40%.

How do I get a service officer? I now live in Bluffton, SC and work in Beaufort. I know their is a VA clinic there but I have no clue how or what to do.

Beaufort County Office of Veterans Affairs

“Honoring All Who Served”

1905 Duke St. - Suite 205

PO Drawer 1228

Beaufort, SC 29901

(843) 470-4737 FAX (843) 470-4738

Government Center South

539 William Hilton Parkway

Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

(843) 842-4208 FAX (843) 842-4213

Edward Ray is the Beaufort County Service Officer.

Go see him and tell him what your problems are and ask him to give you a hand.

Call him and make an appointment. Most of those guys are very busy and you'll need to work with him.

Of course, there is the Disabled American Veterans (DAV), the American Legion, the VFW, etc., also. And, no, you do not have to belong to any of these organizations to obtain help from them, part of their charter from the US Congress requires that they accept anyone who needs help, regardless, and membership is not required.

Talk to a few of them if you want to, see which ones you'd like.

G-d bless you and thanks for your service.