VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heard From The Dept. Of Veterans Affair Today

red

I received a letter from the d.v.a. today with regards to my wife and a&a. Man, I can not believe what they are asking for. I had a doc fill out the required form which covered her complete condition. But this is not enough.. They are making it hard, asking for medical evidence of all kinds, such as the following: treatment records from, doctors, hospitals, laboratories,medical facilities, mental health clinics, x-rays, physical therapy records,surgical reports, etc. These should include the dates of treatment, finding, and diagnoses..

They want this within 30 days. I can authorize them to get the records, I will still have to give them the names, dates and places of treatment. I am sure if I authorize this it will take them forever to get the info and wit will delay the claim. I would like to ask the board a question, is it worth going thru all this for only 145.00 a month? If I drop the claim, will this hurt me with my rating or will they just not give a big hoot,(I am sure this is true) Please give me some help on this, should I go thru with it. It is making me really nervous. I still worry about losing what I have. Thanks, and I am so sorry this is so long.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What they sent you was your Duty to Assist Letter. Even if they have all the information they are bound by law to ask for it. That way it the claim goes to appeal they have proof that the information was requested. You can simply say that you have no further information to send, continue to process my claim. The first attachment page should list the doctor's statment that you sent in.

Thanks Sharon for the help. I will place the doc's page in the number one spot of the report I send to them. I also have xrays on disk of her broken knee,broken hip. She broke her knee at the local va hospital when she fell while going with me for my six month check up. I have photos of her face after her stroke and after her recent fall that broke her nose and turned her almost complete face purple and black. I got copies of the medical reports from the va (who x-rayed her knee and made a report of the fall.

I have all her medical records of her stroke and hip replacement including her rehab and home care for 6 weeks. Most of it is good info and should help me with my case. Now I just need some hand written letters from the docs who treated her stating that she need aid and attendance. I do have one more question: Should I hand carry this to the va or mail it to their address? If I hand carry, do you feel they will act on it quicker? If anyone has anymore advice for me I would appreciate you posting it. Hope this is not too long and thanks to all on this great board for disabled vets.