VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Battle Of Waiting

Rate this question

spqr

Question

I filed for many illnesses (Persian Gulf War I Vet) where I was approved on some, and denied on most. I was low-balled on one of my SC illneses. Thus I filed a NOD stating which decisions I was appealing.

My SC date is 04 and my NOD date is 05. In this time I was denied my appeals with not much of anything stating why I was denied. I then filed a BVA in 06 which I received in 07. I received a letter from the VA stating my appeal has been remanded. I have not heard from the VA since. It's been over two years since my BVA.

Update

Today, I received a letter from the VA which states the VA has setup C&P Exams for the items I was previously denied & appealed.

In my journey in dealing with the VA I've noticed I have fallen through the cracks per say.

1. The time between appeals

2. My life insurance premiums are waived, however, they have my personal info incorrect - I have tried over the phone, in writing, and the website to get this corrected, but it still shows to be incorrected.

3. Vocational Rehab was denied because I was labeled 10% when in fact I am 60%. I sat one year waiting for the correction. I've since graduated with a bachelor in Business/Accounting.

4. I was denied a computer/notebook while in Vocational Rehab while 5 other vets (were at my VAMC) were approved - they all dropped out of Vocational Rehab - I was the only one to finish.

5. Vocational Rehab Counselor is M.I.A. and I only heard from her once a year when she made her way to my school - I have over 4 years of email/fax/phone paper trail. She also ignored my school Counselor's repeated attempts to contact her - how I even got my classes paid for is a mystery/miracle.

6. I was scheduled for exams and when I finally was seen I was informed I indeed had no exams scheduled, however, the VA voicemail and letters both confirm the exams!

7. I requested in writing and spoken to review my C-File and was informed by a VA clerk I was not authorized to view any files, let alone my C-File. During my BVA my C-File had totally bogus, left out, or fabricated information. This was why I requested to view my C-File in the first place. The travelling RO from D.C. threw the C-File on the floor in disgust. He himself is a disabled Vet.

8. I was taken out of priority 1 category and placed in prioirty 8. No reason given. When I requested this in writing I was informed I refused a means test - which is not true. I've since been placed back into the priority 1 category.

9. When I saw the Audiologist she accused me of faking my hearing loss, and "threatened to escalate the matter" - she no longer is employed with the VA - turns out the patient advocate was in ear shot, and this Audiologist had several complaints in the past. I guess the Congressional Seal Chris Smith placed on my C-File is/was worth something afterall.

10. The doctor who saw me for several of my claims (all but one denied - other low-balled) became quite angry at me for asking him to slow down while walking to his office half way across the floor - and he was on a forced march - I simply lagged behind at my own ability. He then yanked my arms, shoulders, and attempted to do the same to my torso, but I insisted he stop due to pain - Fibro sucks! He claims my Fibro is not complete because I only show 13-18 trigger point issues (in writing) and he denied my skin disorder due to "shaving" I asked "How do you account for the exact same rash on my arm and leg?" He got very angry and slammed the folder he was writing in on the desk - later found out after asking for follow up from doctor's notes that I'm "overreaching".

11. C-File again missing personal letters from Mother, Wife, and colleagues who served with me.

12. Finally, have civilian doctors to link Fibro, CFS, and rashes to military service. Perhaps meniers disease due to my tinnitus.

13. The psychiatrist who reviewed me all of 5 minutes insists I go on meds - sorry, doc, but I'm 100% holistic - and feeling alienated isn't a good reason to poison my body/mind. I told him I'm not a fan of chemically indused behaviour - he smiled and said "I see you have a working knowledge of the lingo" I smiled.

14. If the good lord is willing, I should be 100% in a couple more years!

Thank You for the soapbox time!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

8. I was taken out of priority 1 category and placed in prioirty 8. No reason given. When I requested this in writing I was informed I refused a means test - which is not true. I've since been placed back into the priority 1 category.

spqr,

Welcome to Hadit.

At 50% SC VA is responsible for 100 % of your medical care and needs

with no co-payments for service's or meds.

This does not include any dental unless you have a dental condition

that is SC'd or dental for treatment purposes only.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

After you take the C&P's do not miss them for any reason it should not be to much longer. Many have waited as long as you. Its the VA way.

Filed in 1991 and won claim in 1996 or 5 and 1/2 years later.

Never give up.

I have a low opinion of Voc Rehab but it works for some

At 50% SC VA is responsible for 100 % of your medical care and needs

with no co-payments for service's or meds.

Carlie,

Yes, I know this, and had to "remind" the VA rep of this thus my being placed back into priority 1.

After you take the C&P's do not miss them for any reason it should not be to much longer. Many have waited as long as you. Its the VA way.

Pete53,

I've never missed any appointment regardless if the VA set it up or not, and then denied it setup any appointments.

These C&P exams are being done because the BVA rep asked if I would be ok with taking these exams - of course! It's been 2 years since the BVA and it's done purposely to discourage the Vet, and to see if the Vet is faking or not.

"12. Finally, have civilian doctors to link Fibro, CFS, and rashes to military service. Perhaps meniers disease due to my tinnitus."

Have you approached them to prepare independent medical opinions yet?

"My SC date is 04 and my NOD date is 05. In this time I was denied my appeals with not much of anything stating why I was denied. I then filed a BVA in 06 which I received in 07. I received a letter from the VA stating my appeal has been remanded. I have not heard from the VA since. It's been over two years since my BVA."

Can you give us the Docket Number and Citation number of the BVA remand?

All remands are on line (No personal info included) and we could access the remand to see why they denied.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

spqr,

Welcome!

Like Pete, I was not impressed by Voc Rehab either. I was told that I would not qualify because I was still employed, despite the fact that I am receiving pressure from management regarding the amount of work I miss because I have to go to the VA medical center. They also said that they would not send someone to school to become a Software Engineer. Bleh.

Best of luck on your appeal!