VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd & C&p

Rate this question

usmarine0311

Question

I have been diagnosed with PSTD and MDD. I have talked to several Vietnam Era vets who have told me to write a stressor letter and to get buddy letters. I find this very difficult to write, because I have a tough time just trying not to think of the past. Honestly, my life has been a living hell the last 3-4 years. I remember how I used to be, and I look at myself now. I did a complete 180, and now I'm very much a recluse. I don't go see anyone, and I don't want anyone to come and see me. I have pretty much gotten rid of everyone I associated with. I don't go anywhere hardly without carying my weapon. I just literallyfeel vulnerable and naked without it. My mom says I just need to "snap out of it". She constantly tells me there is nothing wrong wth me, an that lots of men have been to Iraq and they seem fine. I don't discuss the past with her or anyone else. I can't. My marriage is constantly teetering on the rocks and I just had to quit working 3 years ago. It got so bad I got to where I could'nt think anymore. I have a c&p physical and psyc exam next month and I have never had the psyc exam before. I am worried to death about saying the wrong thing as I have been told the examiner is looking for a reason to blame it on something else. I don't drink anymore, never used street drugs, never abused. Do I need to take all these letters in there and describe what paticular trauma caused this? There were so many different things I dont think I can pin point it exactly. I know this is alot to write, but I kinda wanted to throw it all out there so you'd have a better idea of whats going on. Yes, there is the sleep deprivation, sever anxiety, startled response, and I have a very short fuse. My gaf scoresthe last couple of years have been in the mid 30's to upper 40's. Nothing over 50. In 2007 and 2007 I was in and out of the hospital withall this, and one doc from Waco said I was bipolar. I disagree because I was not like this before. Any ideas?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Go to your C&P, takes notes if needed, and tell them everything, some things might be minor to you, but a real problem with your PTSD C&P. Honesty is a must, but make sure your verbalize everything in detail using the senses that your experience, sight, hearing, smell, tast and feel. Your thoughts, a day dreams, nightmare have all the senses just explain them totally.