VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appealing Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

USMC1

Question

I was denied for my first claim due to my lack of listing stressors. I appealing and have listed stressors this time. I have two separate PTSD diagnosis's from different states.

Like many Jarheads, I am not comfortable "complaining", but I have been suffering with this stuff for too long and its time to get on the ball.

My question is. What else do I do? Should I go through the DAV or mail this in on my own?

Help!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know what you are going through Devil. I can't pinpoint everything either. I know that the stressors we face each day doesn't help. Bills you can't pay, not being able to work, being reclusive, anxiety is all enough to drive someone insane. I hate talking or even thinking about the past you know? I sure don't want to talk to someone thats never even picked up a rifle before. I hate complaining too, but sometimes I do have to tell then exactlyhw I feel. Yea my knees and hips hurt, we have put our bodies through alot over the years. I know not being able to sleep and the constant fatigue just adds to our issues.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would hand carry your stressor material and any claim material to the VARO and get a date stamped copy. You can hire the DAV to help you, but if you want to win the claim you need to work it yourself. If you send information to the DAV also send or carry it to the VARO on your own. These VSO's are notorius for letting deadlines go by and not filing paperwork on time. Just like the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Get a VSO and work the claim yourself using Hadit. If you are not up to it monitor the DAV and ask questions here.

If its been less than 1 year include that its your NOD or Notice of Disagreement. If it has been over a year since denial ask them to reopen with new evidence. Do you have anything in your Medical Records that show any treatment for anxiety disorder?

I hand delivered my appeal letter to the VA this morning. Got a date stamped copy and am hoping its enough this time.

How can I monitor this myself now that the appeal is in?

Thanks so much for the advice, nice to have some people in your corner.

Send an iris in asking them to confirm they got ur NOD if u don't hear back from them after about 3 1/2-4 weeks saying they did.

Remember the VA would like u to believe that Murphy is at fault for all the problems. Don't give either one of them any room to breathe.

• HadIt.com Elder

USMC

I would call or send an IRIS about once a month to make sure your claim is not being help up because the VA is waiting on something you can provide. Just check on your claim about once a month to see what is happening. Once your appeal is in there is nothing you can do to make it go faster. It works its way through the python.