VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appealing Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

USMC1

Question

I was denied for my first claim due to my lack of listing stressors. I appealing and have listed stressors this time. I have two separate PTSD diagnosis's from different states.

Like many Jarheads, I am not comfortable "complaining", but I have been suffering with this stuff for too long and its time to get on the ball.

My question is. What else do I do? Should I go through the DAV or mail this in on my own?

Help!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I was denied for my first claim due to my lack of listing stressors. I appealing and have listed stressors this time. I have two separate PTSD diagnosis's from different states.

Like many Jarheads, I am not comfortable "complaining", but I have been suffering with this stuff for too long and its time to get on the ball.

My question is. What else do I do? Should I go through the DAV or mail this in on my own?

Help!

Good Morning USMC1.... I have been on a road trip for ten days and just got back home. I see you are still going around in circles with the VA. I re-read all of your posts.... I am a bit confused with your issues. So let's start over..... What date did you get your "VA letter of denial???? Did you file a " Notice of Disagreement" within one year of your denial letter? Did you appeal to the BVA and get denied? You say you listed your stressors yourself and mailed it in. Did you get a C&P exam, or just wrote down your stressors and mailed it to CAVA? I need more info USMC1.

I am lost here. I have had two separate evals. One in MT and one at the Vet center here in NM. Both listed me with PTSD.

I had filed for service connection for PTSD and was denied, lack of stressors. So resubmitted and received a letter from the Board of Vets Appeals. They denied me service connection again, lack of stressors once more. I pulled exact dates of stressors (which is what I was told was needed), which can be verified and have appealed once again.

I feel like I am missing some part of this process somewhere. Do I need to go through the VA again for C&P again? It took 5 years for this latest denial. Am I doing something wrong?