VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, Filed Online For Vr&e, Now What?

Rate this question

basplar

Question

So,.... I finally decided to go ahead and follow the advice of the VA counselor at the local office and file for VR&E. I went online and filled out the form 2 months ago. I answered all the questions honestly and described how I really felt about my disabilities and how it prevents me from obtaining gainful employment, especially because I don't have any other job skills. I also stated, and I was serious when I said, that I really DO want to get a job that will allow me to support my wife and daughter and if accepted, I would be 100% COMMITTED to completing the VR&E program. So,...there it is. NOW...,What I'm wondering now is: How long should I expect to wait before hearing anything from the V.A. about VR&E. What have other folks experienced after they filed as for waiting times for an initial response. Thanks again for any advice or words of wisdom!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Thanks Pete. I filed online on Aug 9th, so I'll hope to hear something by year's end. Thanks again! I've got nothin' but great things to say about the good folks on this website. Searching through the forums and getting answers faster than I EVER could for anyone working for the VA is a GODSEND!! THANK YOU!

• HadIt.com Elder

Basplar:

Thank you for your service. There are many here dedicated to helping Veterans get a fair shake with VA and not to have to worry as much cause Knowledge is Power