VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grrr - I Got Another Rubber Stamp Denial

akwidow

Question

AMC came through with a SSOC in todays mail. Once again, I am denied for DIC.

They did not list my evidence. (spoilation?) Rubber stamp again!

They did not address my issue - that PTSD contributed to my hubbys death. (denial made while not condiserating my position)

As an aside, they mentioned the DVD I sent them with the second set of papers but did not list the evidence, and never mentioned the original documents I sent...(spoilation?)

I have thirty days to respond, which I will, with the full gamut of information I have already supplied. They said if I do not respond within 30 days, they will send the file back to the BVA. Is that good for me or bad?

GRRR I am angry.

Should I ask for a reconsideration, or make a NOD?

I had already connected the dots, supplied IMO for PTSD, and copied them with their documents pertaining to his PTSD.

My friends here are telling me to get out of the loop and get congressional intervention, even though I told them about the retribution that it can cause.... any thoughts?

Thanks, please forgive me for venting,

AkWidow

• Answers 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I get DIC but always have taxable income that has nothing to do with the DIC.

It would not be unusual for survivors of veterans to get DIC but also have to file tax returns for any earned income from their jobs , or for investment income, capital gains, losses etc. etc.

A tax preparer cannot add the DIC to any taxable income and I dont thnk it even appears on my IRS and NYS returns.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get a tax statement from VA its taxable otherwise without it don't report it no use paying taxes when not necessary

Thanks everyone - This verification did help, and yes, I do earn income, so I do file my taxes faithfully.