VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Good C&p, One Bad

Rate this question

Jim357

Question

The description describes my problem. The first C&P exam I had seemed to go fine and I was not prepared for what happened at a later one. The examiner got angry about a question I asked, stiff armed me in the abdomen with the heel of their hand, rolled all their weight up onto me and held the position for about 10 seconds. It seemed a lot longer because I have an enlarged spleen, and it was all I could do to hold the weight off my organs. They never said a word. I was stunned and wasn't able to say anything. Since then I've looked up at least six ways to palpate or test for an enlarged spleen and none of them are like what happened.

I have never been intentionally hurt by a physician before, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting past the incident. I was sore for days. Is this common? What in the world can you do about it when it happens?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The description describes my problem. The first C&P exam I had seemed to go fine and I was not prepared for what happened at a later one. The examiner got angry about a question I asked, stiff armed me in the abdomen with the heel of their hand, rolled all their weight up onto me and held the position for about 10 seconds. It seemed a lot longer because I have an enlarged spleen, and it was all I could do to hold the weight off my organs. They never said a word. I was stunned and wasn't able to say anything. Since then I've looked up at least six ways to palpate or test for an enlarged spleen and none of them are like what happened.

I have never been intentionally hurt by a physician before, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting past the incident. I was sore for days. Is this common? What in the world can you do about it when it happens?

Jim,

You can contact the patient advocate at the VA Hospital and tell them what happened. Also you may want to file an IRIS compalint (under questions) about the treatment you received. You are going to find as we all have that the C&P medical staff seems to do everything posible to ruin any chance for your claim. And when they can't the word it in sucha way as to result in a "low balled" rating. Anyhow, I'm sorry that you were treated this way but don't give up. The people here at this website will help you.

Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) can be found from the VA's home page.

Good luck,

Bergie

It may be too late to do it this time, but if it happens again, I would go to the emergency room and give them a show. That way it is documented in your medical records. What if he had ruptured your spleen? 1151 claim!

Jim,

You can contact the patient advocate at the VA Hospital and tell them what happened. Also you may want to file an IRIS compalint (under questions) about the treatment you received. You are going to find as we all have that the C&P medical staff seems to do everything posible to ruin any chance for your claim. And when they can't the word it in sucha way as to result in a "low balled" rating. Anyhow, I'm sorry that you were treated this way but don't give up. The people here at this website will help you.

Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) can be found from the VA's home page.

Good luck,

Bergie

[/qu

I agree, to go the patient advocates office-or write a letter to the administrator make copies of course, years ago my dear old Dad was in the VA nursing home(he passed in 95)-paralyzed from a stroke-the attendent kept trying to tell me he tried to get out of bed-(he was bruised alot)NOT NOT!!!! I drove a few hundred miles a day to be with him and no he couldnt move at all-for 7 years--he kept telling me she was beating him up --he was right-AND SHE TOOK A HIKE--DONT MESS WITH THE FIGHTIN IRISH!!!!