VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims To (sc) Ptsd

Rate this question

Guest Ryan

Question

Muscle spams, and gerd (acid reflux).

Had 'em for a long time, but the trick is gonna be proving they are related to my prominent anxiety. Which I know they are, because of the timing almost always taking place right after anxiety attacks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Muscle spams, and gerd (acid reflux).

Had 'em for a long time, but the trick is gonna be proving they are related to my prominent anxiety. Which I know they are, because of the timing almost always taking place right after anxiety attacks.

x

x

x

I'm almost certain, you will need a NEXUS from a medical doctor. ~Wings

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Ryan,

I have had bad muscle spasms and reflux for a long time which started after my health took a turn for the worse. I am not SC, but the VA sends me Omeprazole for $8 per month co-pay. That's lot cheaper than getting it on the outside. Ask your VA primary care doc to prescribe something like that and it will help to tide you over until you can make it SC. Also, watch out with the muscle spasms. I have a lot of 'lumbar strain' and spasms in my service medical record, but the VA keeps denying SC. Wings is right. A nexus letter is probably the only way to get SC. Be sure to see an orthopedic doc or neurologist about it. In my case, it developed into disc herniations which can be totally agonizing. Get them checked out before you get any worse.

• HadIt.com Elder

Omeprazole is good but the old one the VA used to give me was better. Don't neglect a med like this cause it could kill you left untreated.