VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decision Brokered Out?

Rate this question

zollie

Question

Hey have a claim in for IU after biegn already rated at 30% for PTSD(called adjustment disorder), claim also includes TBI and is residuals, When i call the 800 # they tell me in august it was brokered out to another office for a descion to be made. That happened in august and They are still telling me the same thing does anyone have any experience with a claim bieng brokered out from one office to another and if so how long will it be before a descion.

thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Send a request, using the IRIS system (the e-mail type system that you can access by going to the VA official website and clicking on the "contact" section and following it along to the IRIS system). Tell them you want a copy of your "C"-file (claims file). It'll take a little while, but eventually you will receive it. It can be "lenghty" (it cost the VA like $16 to send mine to me).

You cannot do "bidness" with the VA without being very aware of what is in your claims file (betcha $5 that there are things in yours that do not belong and things in yours that you did not know about).

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Use IRIS to find the exact location of your claims file. Scroll down to the "ask a question" section, here:

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...nduser/home.php

IN MY OPINION, Do NOT request a Copy of your Claims-File at this point in the game. The "brokered" VARO may be ready to make a formal rating Decision, and requesting a C-File Copy will muck up any progress! Wait until they have made a Decision first! Then request a copy of your Claims File under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

At the same time, you FOIA your C-File, do the same for a Copy of your VA Medical Records, as well as any Private medical providers.

YOU ARE ALLOWED to send any additional evidence to the VARO Rating Board up until the time/day they make a Decision. If you have any new or material evidence for the PTSD or TBI claim(s), (think treatment records, lay statements from significant others, private reports, filing for social security, etc) --then send those NOW, poste haste!

Most importantly, seek medical treatment from the VA and Vet Centers --and remain in treatment!! Go on a regular basis, get your therapy, get your meds, and go home. I'ts importnat, the VA is looking hard at TBI and PTSD and you need to stay compliat until you get to a protected service connection date (about 10-20 years).

Hope that helps. ~Wings

Edited by Wings

Ditto on Wings,

Especially - don't request the claims file now,

BUT -

if you already have a copy, comb thru it for relevant

claims evidence.

Get continuing treatment for all conditions on a regular basis,

keep your medical evidence coming in.

carlie

Thank you guys for the response and help. I already have my med. file from the VA. one thing I am feeling shaky on is that. I filed for ssdi and got approved for TBI, and PTSD, when I talked to my VSO (out of gainsville he is a state claims examiner) He told me not to submit the ssdi approval to the VA so that if I got disapproved we could use it as new evidence? What are your guys thoughts on this? At my C&P exams i told the docs i was on ssdi however the one doing my ptsd exam wrote I was working full time which I havent done since feb.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If your SSDI is for your adjustment disorder than by all means send it in now. Waiting will only cost you time.

• HadIt.com Elder
If your SSDI is for your adjustment disorder than by all means send it in now. Waiting will only cost you time.

DITTO what Sharon said!!!