VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P For Several Sc Diabilities

Rate this question

Sgt Will Dove USMC

Question

I have several SC Disabilities and I am filing VBA-21-4138 for an increase to my SCD.... I am looking for the actual codes I need to put in the 21-4138.

1. I have Migrane / Chronic Headaches that were rated as SC - 0%, since I got out they are occuring all most daily, and they are getting worse.

2. I have a shoulder injury on my left should that was rated at 10% when I got out but it was listed as temp.... It has gotten worse and I want the them to re-evaluate it.... I have limited ROM, and Painful movement. They have taken the 10% away 2 yrs ago.... This is my Dominate Arm.

3. I have a severe injury to my left ankle - Triple fracture and had 9 pins and a 4.5 inch plate.... I have had 3 surgeries on this ankle alone.... The VA gave me 10% when I got out in 2005, but the ankle is getting worse and more painful.

4. I have a right ankle injury that required 2 surgeries. The VA gave me 10% on it when I got out, but this ankle is getting worse as well. I have lost ROM and have painful movment in both ankles.

5. My Left wirst had a Cyst removed and I have pain that shots up my left arm all the time. This is my Dominate Hand

6. The TBI folks wanted me to come in for a followup a few months ago, but I never made it in, and I am thinking I should go back in for a the followup as my headaches are really getting bad, and are starting to affect my sight (Blurred vision in my right eye).

I am really tired of playing with these fouls up at the VA, and would like to go in fully armed..... Thanks in advance.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Reading Sgt(s) post and I'm simply amazed. My PCP is Dr. T Brown and has been for the past 4 years... and like Pete said, I believe she hung the moon as well! Gets me in to all the consults I need in a timely fashion - In fact, have a Pain Consult for the 24th of this Month - MRI this summer revealed neck/spinal damage I never knew I had from a IED blast 5 years ago, who knew! Dr. Robinson in Poly Trauma is truly awesome when it comes to treatment and care - My Headaches are rated at the max of 50% - Bit of Advice - keep that tracking log accurate and current - if a migraine occurs, immediately seek emergency treament (if possible and medicine fails); this shows the severity of the pain you are suffering. Here is what they use to determine SC for Migraine Headaches:

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks

productive of severe economic inadaptability 50

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once

a month over last several months................................................ 30

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over

last several months 10

With less frequent attacks 0

As far as daily headaches, that may be due to TBI - or other injuries received in service - Hope this helps.

"The TBI folks wanted me to come in for a followup a few months ago, but I never made it in, and I am thinking I should go back in for a the followup as my headaches are really getting bad, and are starting to affect my sight (Blurred vision in my right eye)."

By all means get the TBI evaluated. Ws this from IED or inservice accident?

Is this documented in your SMRs and/or your discharge certificate?

Are you unemployed presently?

If not have you formally applied for TDIU?

The motrin-

"VA seems to think all I need is Vitamin M "800 MG Mortin" I think this has destroyed my stomach.."

Claim the motrin as causing any secondary stomach problems you have been diagnosed with.

Have you applied for SSA disability as well as VA comp?

With problems in your dominant hand- this would lend anyone great difficulty in performing most types of work.

I will attach the TDIU form-next post

Do you have a rep vet helping you?

"I am really tired of playing with these fouls up at the VA, and would like to go in fully armed....." Thanks in advance.

"I am really tired of playing with these fouls up at the VA, and would like to go in fully armed....." Thanks in advance.

It is a War game on paper - but you have some good ammo here for TDIU- paid at the 100% rate-if you are not working.

You dont really need to put the rating codes in any claim for higher rating.

BUT understanding what code they used and why your evidence warrants higher rating under the rating schedule is an asset to anyone claiming higher rating.

You can access the code and rating schedule for any of these disabilities you have to see what evidence is needed for higher award.

In my opinion If you are unemployed I think the TDIU app will go faster in the long run for you-

Check Yes to # 18 and then apply for SSA.

Under Remarks # 25, refer them to separate page with your C file number, name and address on it,and tell them of the problems you had on the job due to your SC, and add anything other info whatsoever that would help gain a TDIU award.

Tell them of all side affects of all meds such as the Motrin and tell them how the right hand problems interfere with employment.

Your private doctor might be willing to support a TDIU claim with an Independent medical opinion.

TDIU_21_8940.pdf

Reading Sgt(s) post and I'm simply amazed. My PCP is Dr. T Brown and has been for the past 4 years... and like Pete said, I believe she hung the moon as well! Gets me in to all the consults I need in a timely fashion - In fact, have a Pain Consult for the 24th of this Month - MRI this summer revealed neck/spinal damage I never knew I had from a IED blast 5 years ago, who knew! Dr. Robinson in Poly Trauma is truly awesome when it comes to treatment and care - My Headaches are rated at the max of 50% - Bit of Advice - keep that tracking log accurate and current - if a migraine occurs, immediately seek emergency treament (if possible and medicine fails); this shows the severity of the pain you are suffering. Here is what they use to determine SC for Migraine Headaches:

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks

productive of severe economic inadaptability 50

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once

a month over last several months................................................ 30

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over

last several months 10

With less frequent attacks 0

As far as daily headaches, that may be due to TBI - or other injuries received in service - Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.... I have an Appt with my PCP on the 24th as well at 9am... I also have TBI followup and re-eval on the 24h at 3 pm.... I am keeping the head ache log up to date the best I can, my wife helps with it some as well.... As for the ER, I cannot afford to do this... I usually take the meds the doc gave me or some advil Migraine, and go to bed. Thanks for the Advice as well, I just sent in my claim for the Migraines under 8100.... According to the rating scale I should be around 50%, as I have an average of 4 migraines a month, and a headache at least 11 days a month.

It is a War game on paper - but you have some good ammo here for TDIU- paid at the 100% rate-if you are not working.

You dont really need to put the rating codes in any claim for higher rating.

BUT understanding what code they used and why your evidence warrants higher rating under the rating schedule is an asset to anyone claiming higher rating.

You can access the code and rating schedule for any of these disabilities you have to see what evidence is needed for higher award.

In my opinion If you are unemployed I think the TDIU app will go faster in the long run for you-

Check Yes to # 18 and then apply for SSA.

Under Remarks # 25, refer them to separate page with your C file number, name and address on it,and tell them of the problems you had on the job due to your SC, and add anything other info whatsoever that would help gain a TDIU award.

Tell them of all side affects of all meds such as the Motrin and tell them how the right hand problems interfere with employment.

Your private doctor might be willing to support a TDIU claim with an Independent medical opinion.

I cannot access the form, I keep getting an error, is there somewhere else I can retrive this form? Thanks for the advice....