VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Still Work And Be 100% Sc

Rate this question

Andy Sayers

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Technically No, 100% SC is supposed to provide monetary assistance to veterans who cannot make a descent living on their own due to their limiting disabilities, regardless of the nature of their disabilities. Although, I do know a few people who work and still receive 100% SC! ;)

Regards, MikeG_65

Absolutely YES, unless you are rated at 100% for unemployability.

Max Cleland is a triple amputee, who draws 100% S/C, and was the Secretary of the Veterans Administration and later became a Senator from Georgia. he continued to draw his 100% Service Connected Disability even thought he was in charge of tyhe Veterans Administration.

If you were 100% PTSD would you want to work?

I was diagnosed with a problem in 1971 and locked up in Colorado General Hospital. I got out of RVN in June of 1969.

I became a corporate pilot and FAA mechanic. I continued to work.

In 1986 I was diagnosed PTSD at the VAMC in Tucson.

In 1993 my employer asked me to leave. Finally, I accepted his call for me to get help. I did but I still didn't apply for bennies until 1998.

So do you want to work with a condition such as PTSD? I say "sure". I worked those years and secretly saw doctors and got pills to keep me in the ballpark.

If you have PTSD should you be working? If you were diagnosed and rated 100% PTSD it is probably because you have problems. If a person is well enough to work and collect 100% for PTSD I think there is a problem in the rating policy.

If a person is so bad off that he is rated 100% do you want to be around him when he is working?

If someone has stressors to indicate PTSD they don't have to ask questions regarding the interviews, procedures or "what to say or ask or do" to get the rating. Just be yourself and don't worry about it.

So the question of "can you work" should be emphasized.

So I'm asking the question, "Can you work"? And if so, why should the VA give you a rating of 100% PTSD?

I don't know anyone that asked for PTSD anymore then our hero's asked to lose a leg!

Anyone that can truly maintain a full time job and cope with PTSD is better then me. Looking back, I don't know how I survived as long as I did (before I HAD to quit).

• HadIt.com Elder

Part of the rating criteria for PTSD, at the 100% rate, is the inability to work. I seriously doubt you can get rated 100% for PTSD while working.

pr

Can you still be working and have a 100% service connection for PTSD? What types of issues do I need to document to obtain 100% if I am still working?

Medic, this is totally different that being rated 100% for a mental disorder. If I remember correctly at 100% for mental you are considered totally disabled for work. Correct me if i'm wrong on this.

I'd just say make sure you know the risks. If you get reevaluated I guarantee you will lose your 100% rating for PTSD if you're working.

Absolutely YES, unless you are rated at 100% for unemployability.

Max Cleland is a triple amputee, who draws 100% S/C, and was the Secretary of the Veterans Administration and later became a Senator from Georgia. he continued to draw his 100% Service Connected Disability even thought he was in charge of tyhe Veterans Administration.

Edited by jerrbilly