VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Still Work And Be 100% Sc

Rate this question

Andy Sayers

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You can be rated 100% and still work,but when you are rated a 100% for a mental disability,you are totaly unemployable,

It depends on the person and the conditions I think. As far as having a 100% rating you may still be able to work and collect the full benefit. I think there is a term called something like "scaler" or "scaled" which implies losing the full benefit upon returning to work. I'm pretty sure that it work can both ways. I'm trying to figure out if I can get hired for certain goverment jobs with a 100% SC disability.

Technically No, 100% SC is supposed to provide monetary assistance to veterans who cannot make a descent living on their own due to their limiting disabilities, regardless of the nature of their disabilities. Although, I do know a few people who work and still receive 100% SC! :angry:

Regards, MikeG_65

Incorrect information above.

100 percent scheduler, that is not due solely to a MH rating at 100 percent -

you can hold employment.

If comped at 100 percent due to IU - no employment.

It depends on the person and the conditions I think. As far as having a 100% rating you may still be able to work and collect the full benefit. I think there is a term called something like "scaler" or "scaled" which implies losing the full benefit upon returning to work. I'm pretty sure that it work can both ways. I'm trying to figure out if I can get hired for certain goverment jobs with a 100% SC disability.

You are referring to a 100 percent scheduler rating - there is no

""scaler" or "scaled".

Again, if the vet is not compensated compensated at the 100 percent level due solely to

a 100 percent evaluation for mental health or adjudicated as IU - they can be employed

without detriment for va purposes.

I would also add that if a vet is 70 percent due solely to mental health, chances are down the road

they most likely will get hit with a future C&P exam scheduled and possibly a proposal to reduce.

I think it would depend on the type of job.

If the 100 percent is due solely to mental health - the vet can't even be a door greeter

at Walmart and still meet the criteria for 100 percent.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=a62389e60b6740146e36c4c8dbc134e1&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.111.73&idno=38

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name 100