VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For A Bunch Of Things

Rate this question

iraqrecall

Question

Did my C&P for a bunch of stuff but have not heard back yet. Do have some questions.

During the ENT part the Doc's found a polyp on my Vocal Cord and have since removed it. The C&P was for sinusitist,

Do I have to make a seperate claim for that or will it get included in the C&P results they send in to be rated.

Also was told I have degenerative Disc disease. Had put in for Back Pain. How does that play into things. Was already diagnoist with type II Diabetied during a VA physical and claimed that. (Agent Orange) Also was told my sleep study folks that I have restrictive breathing (not apnia) and restless leg syndrom. How are those clasified. So last question is, I was relased from Active duty in June and just returned from Iraq, are the first Claims presumtive SC even if I do not have anything in my medical records. I belive the Diabetes is for Agent orange.

Now just to clear the air. I am 63 years old and yes I got to play in Vietnam twice and once in Iraq as a retiree recall.

Just too dumb to quit I guess. <_<

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you for your service. Three tours is a lot. Since you just got out they should be able to help you get Service Connected and rated for your different problems. I have restrictive lung disease and sleep apnea so keep your eyes open.

VARO will probably low ball you another thing to watch out for. Glad that they took good care of you usually C&P won't lift a finger over a medical issue that comes up in exam.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Your claim should go pretty smooth. The DMII should be a slam dunk, The DJD of the back should also be no problem. The Restrictive lung disease will most likely need a nexus and a root cause.

The rating for that is under pulmonary evaluations under the title 38 part 4.

We have a link on the home page to the regs. It would be wise to study them.

It is also a good idea to request a complete copy of your claims folder.

J

You might also be eligible for CRDP (Concurrent Receipt of Disability Pay) or CRSC (Combat Related Special Compensation)

Military.com explains the programs quite well-

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...aring-crsc-crdp

They also have forum on these benefits too.

Make sure before you finally muster out that everything is noted on your discharge physical and that you leave with copy of your medical records.

"Also was told I have degenerative Disc disease. Had put in for Back Pain. How does that play into things. Was already diagnoist with type II Diabetied during a VA physical and claimed that. (Agent Orange)"....

best to say degenerative disc disease -VA doesn't understand a generic term like back pain-it gives them too many ways out to deny or low ball a claim like that- the actual medical diagnosis is better to use for the proper diagnopstic code and rating.

Make sure they know you claim the DMII from AO exposure in Vietnam.They cant read well and might think you claim it from AO in Iraq and deny the claim.

Make sure any other secondary disabilities you have that could be caused by the DMII are listed as secondary claims- peripheral neuropathy, ischemic heart disease (a new presumptive whether a vet has DMII or not),some skin conditions, foot conditions, DMII causes many other secondary problems sometimes.

What do the docs say the cause of the restrictive breathing and the RLS is due to?

Have they associated these with any of your other disabilities?

Well I got back my stuff from VA and have been deemed 40%

20% for DB II, 10 for Knee's and 10 for Tinitus.

0% for hearing loss allthough noted I had hearing loss and Denied for lower back (degenerative disk)

Am going back to apply for CRSC Combat Related Compensation and will argue about some other things.

During my C&P for sinuitus (denied) they found polyps on my vocal cords and had them removed. Going to see if I should claim that. Any imput on that would be helpfull!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

Definitely fight them about the denials...