VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long To Get My Papers From Records Archives

Rate this question

papabama

Question

Sent of last week for all my Records, Generally how long does it take to get them back? How much information will be in them, such as training, medical, promotions,? Mostly interested in all my medical stuff. Thanks from this old wore out Jughead,, I mean Jarhead,, Ya gotta love me Thanks Papa

P.S. My Vet Buddys I Have a Little Grandbaby(8 yrs. old) with a vary bad bone cancer and they say it is termnial her name is Kaela please put her in Your Prayers. OOOOORA

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Sent of last week for all my Records, Generally how long does it take to get them back? How much information will be in them, such as training, medical, promotions,? Mostly interested in all my medical stuff. Thanks from this old wore out Jughead,, I mean Jarhead,, Ya gotta love me Thanks Papa

P.S. My Vet Buddys I Have a Little Grandbaby(8 yrs. old) with a vary bad bone cancer and they say it is termnial her name is Kaela please put her in Your Prayers. OOOOORA

Hey Papabama,

I requested my C-file by submitting form 21-4138 via snail mail. I called the 1-800-827-1000 number and they said it should take about a month to get them. I read where a number of other people say it can take months to get them.

I had to physically go to the Birmingham VA medical center and sign a paper to get them to send my medical records. The lady said it will take 20 business days (a month) to get a copy, because my records back through 1995 are in storage. This is supposed to include any medical records from when I was treated in their outreach clinic in Gadsden, AL.

For military service records:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ce-records.html

That's about all I know.

I'll include Kaela in my prayers. I hope she gets well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Papabama:

Kaela and her family and dear ones are in my prayers. I have an 8 year old grand daughter named Kati and I love her beyound understanding.

Pete

Papabama:

Kaela and her family and dear ones are in my prayers. I have an 8 year old grand daughter named Kati and I love her beyound understanding.

Pete

who or does determine SC ratings? My discharge, or the man at the VA office, or VA doctors and who sets the % reates?

who or does determine SC ratings? My discharge, or the man at the VA office, or VA doctors and who sets the % reates?

The decision maker at the VARO makes the decision on if your disability is service connected and assigns the percentage level.

carlie

That is sad news and Prayers can work wonders. Stay strong for her.

It took me about 6-7 weeks to obtain my husbands SMRs and military records from NARA.

But he served in both USMC and the Navy.

The records NARA sent me were his Navy records and they said the VARO Buffalo had his complete USMC records.My vcl;ai, there was pending so I guess that is where they were.I didnt request them from VARO.

That just sounds quick to me...I sent off over the internet to get my medical inpatient records almost 8 months ago...I just found them in the mailbox the other day...I don't know what took so long, but the wait sucked!!! Sure cut down on my appeal filing time, but atleast I have the paperwork now beings they denied me for my original claim for my Kidney because it wasn't in my outpatient records...DUH!!! I was hospitalized for weeks because of it so its not going to be in my OUT patient...anyway, on to the appeals process!!!