VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

maset22

Question

I served in Gulf War one. Din't think much about it. The other day I decided to put in a claim. After many years of taking care of Family going for the mithy dollars. Never thought I had PTSD. Crying in situations my sevicemen and women will get in mainly death and wounded, crying in movies like Hamburger Hill or platoon. My first experience was in I think Desert Shield. A bunker made for seven soldiers, turn out to be use by about thirty soldiers. At first I ran somewhere, all training was out the window. I made maybe two to three steps I regained my posture and I was about the second person in the bunker. In a moments notice I found my back againts the top of the bunker, soldiers under me, everywhere. I was scared, could not bread anxiety big time. I thought about my boys not seen them again. Funny; Not my wife who I love so much and still together today. My arrogance got me to just the begining of outside of the bunker looking out. waiting for the all crear. and when it was giving it took a while for us to deploy.From that moment I played the John wayne. every one get in, moved, moved. I was directing soldiers in. But; Not me. many years later. I stii cant go in tight places, drive in rush hour. (Wife drive I close my eyes). much crying, even watching movies that someone get put in the trunk of a car, I shiver. My psychiatrist diagnose me with adjustment disorder with depressed mood. Pain disorder associated with physical and psychological factor. Chronic. Hope is not too late. The story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. I told The spychiatrist and He wrote it down, trigger and all. Any advice. Please Help me How can I get the doctor to adjust to PTSD. Since the other diagnostics will give me zlich. I have couple more incident that affect my daily life. will post them another day sorry for been long winded Love you all. One love Brother, Sister. In ARM. What a horendoze thing happened in FT Hood. Prayers for our Fallen Conrads. Amen

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks a million miss Berta. I was in my sixteenth wk. just ready to go to jump school. So at the exam for jump status, I fainted.. God was with me, anyway, went in the hospital to get a work up, there they found it in an x-ray. A doctor said they Army will kick me out. I was born in Panama Canal Zone, a Panamenian national. That was like a blow to my heart. I was seventeen and in good shape. so I did a gymnastic move by standing straight and putting my head between my legs. without bending my knees. The doctor was impress. So they recycle me from infantry to engineers. somewhere down the line I was having back pain the army solution was two fold. call doctors, nurses, maybe the janitor also; to showed a diforme back; the second was moultrin. I dint think of nothing I was a soldier. But now at 53 I can't walk to the maibox and back without a different stroke, cane in hand. Maybe one mistake on my part was not to appeal in the one year window. I came out the service after four years 1978 and came back in 1981. Now I am thinking the army never tried to fix it in those twenty two years. (two reserve). Do you know I am mad, But how can I get mad at the army? They took me in at seventeen showed me to take care of my buddy, and gave me citezenship. But I also retained the uglyest part of it, Is that why I might cry so much in the midnight, when I cant sleep even with 150 mg of trazadone. Cymbalta to calm me down yet not put me in REM sleep. and thirteen other pills, I just went off, sorry Miss Berta. I just meet you and I can say I love your knoledge on subject matter expert. Thanks