VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received My Claim For Service Connected Disability

Rate this question

Blackhawk12

Question

I submitted a claim several months ago and had a C&P exam. Issues at hand were knee problem, heart palpitations, skin rash, and PTSD.

I recently came off of active duty (National Guard) after deploying to Iraq. After 20 years of service in both active/reserve this is the first time I have claimed any type of disability so I don't think I took it as serious or researched it like I should have. I filled out the online claim form (VA.gov) and that is pretty much it...I sort of thought that they would really do a comprehensive evaluation and find out what was wrong with me...I was wrong.

The claim reads as follows:

Descision:

1. Service connection for PTSD is denied.

2. Service connection for idiopathic heart palpitations is denied.

3. Service connection for knee medial femoral joint narrowing is denied.

4. Service connection for generalized hypersensitivity of the skin is denied.

I don't understand if the VA is saying that the issues above are not something that occurred or was made worse by active duty (service connected) or are they saying that it is not serious enough to warrant any type of compensation???

As far as the PTSD is concerned I don't really know what happended with that. When the Physician Ass. started my exam she started out by saying that the evaluation (exam) was for all of the issues listed above, but did not mention PTSD. I was not surpised when she did not address any of the issues regarding PTSD because I sort of thought that another Dr. would evaluate that issue seperately. What do you guys recommend? I am going to a civilian dr. and going to try and get a real diagnosis for my other conditions (I have two scars on my knee from diving into a bunker on an IED attack and the knee will pop out of place...all they did was an x-ray.). Thanks.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry to read about your issues.

My advice to you is plain and simple. The VA requested info from you and they did not receive any so they did a shotgun denial.

You did file a NOD so now it is time to kick it up a notch. We had an hour long discussion with these folks last night and they are an amaging group. No VSO can even come close to the legal expertise.

http://www.vetlawyers.com/

They have a toll free number and they will return your call.

Time to get busy.