VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Advice !

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

New to the board, did a short intro on introductions forum.

Just received a copy of my c&p Thursday. My questions are ,how strong is my case and is there anything else i should do or be on the lookout for.Do they rate based on this c&p for just PTSD

or do they rate for PTSD and the other listed disorders. What could somebody possibly expect

as a rating for this.

AXIS 1 PTSD , CHRONIC , SEVERE . MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER,RECURRENT,SEVERE WITHOUT PSYCHOTIC FEATURES, PANIC DISORDER WITH AGORAPHOBIA , ALCOHOL ABUSE DISORDER

It is clear that alcohol abuse and depression are secondary to PTSD and evidence of poor coping

style.

AXIS II NO DIAGNOSIS

AXIS III AS ABOVE

AXIS IV EXPOSURE TO COMBAT, INADEQUATE SOCIAL SUPPORT,CHRONIC PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS , MARITAL STRAIN , CHRONIC SUICIDAL IDEATION, POOR IMPULSE CONTROL,

DIFFICULTY IN ESTABLISHNG AND MAINTAINING EFFECTIVE WORK AND PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS.

AXIS V GAF SCORE 45 TIME FRAME : CURRENT FUNCTIONING

Just started this battle in July, so i know i'm in for a long hump.So i'm just getting all my ducks in a row. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated. One day i can hopefully pass on some good skinny to a newbee.

Thanks SGT

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

I was discharged in 1996. Had tried to get into the VA SYSTEM yrs ago. All of my smtr's and srb have been lost, by the military. It was a big hassle trying to get in , approx 2000. Had a bad episode this July , that prompted a hospital stay of

four days. My congresswoman got involved and i am now in the VA system (as of Juy 2009 ), starting claims for compensation.

Thank you for your time and future advice.

Sgt

stsandman, I think you have ventured into the area where you will receive suggestions/assistance/support/a shoulder to cry on when needed.

So you say your congress representative is assisting in your endeavor. Lets hope they will find your records. Do you have any buddies you kept in contact with? Others who could possibly vouch for you, and your direct service duties/stations?

You are in for a battle of your life, but with sticking with it you can win.

Welcome and hang in there no matter how difficult days may be. :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

With a history of unemployment and hospitalizations due to PTSD: 100% schedular

If recently unemployed due to PTSD: 70% with 100% TDIU

If employed: 50%

My guess. ~Wings

Carlie,

I was discharged in 1996. Had tried to get into the VA SYSTEM yrs ago. All of my smtr's and srb have been lost, by the military. It was a big hassle trying to get in , approx 2000. Had a bad episode this July , that prompted a hospital stay of

four days. My congresswoman got involved and i am now in the VA system (as of Juy 2009 ), starting claims for compensation.

Thank you for your time and future advice.

Sgt

St Sandman,

When you say, "Had tried to get into the VA SYSTEM yrs ago."

Was that for medical care only or did you also request service connection (SC)

for conditions at that time?

Had you ever applied for SC before and been denied?

Do you have SMR's or STR's that have recently been found?

carlie