VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Advice !

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

New to the board, did a short intro on introductions forum.

Just received a copy of my c&p Thursday. My questions are ,how strong is my case and is there anything else i should do or be on the lookout for.Do they rate based on this c&p for just PTSD

or do they rate for PTSD and the other listed disorders. What could somebody possibly expect

as a rating for this.

AXIS 1 PTSD , CHRONIC , SEVERE . MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER,RECURRENT,SEVERE WITHOUT PSYCHOTIC FEATURES, PANIC DISORDER WITH AGORAPHOBIA , ALCOHOL ABUSE DISORDER

It is clear that alcohol abuse and depression are secondary to PTSD and evidence of poor coping

style.

AXIS II NO DIAGNOSIS

AXIS III AS ABOVE

AXIS IV EXPOSURE TO COMBAT, INADEQUATE SOCIAL SUPPORT,CHRONIC PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS , MARITAL STRAIN , CHRONIC SUICIDAL IDEATION, POOR IMPULSE CONTROL,

DIFFICULTY IN ESTABLISHNG AND MAINTAINING EFFECTIVE WORK AND PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS.

AXIS V GAF SCORE 45 TIME FRAME : CURRENT FUNCTIONING

Just started this battle in July, so i know i'm in for a long hump.So i'm just getting all my ducks in a row. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated. One day i can hopefully pass on some good skinny to a newbee.

Thanks SGT

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Given the agoraphobia if you get 100% you should ask for housebound SMC. Agoraphobia is the definition of housebound. I have that in my records also as a SC condition, but because I have TDIU I have been reluctant to wake up that dog. Unless you are working from home agoraphobia should net a vet 100% since you can't do a lot if you can't leave your house except with fear and trembling.

With the PH, CAR or CIB on your DD 214-they will concede stressor for PTSD claim.

Otherwise you will have to prove a stressor occurred.

When you say the SMRs etc were lost-did VA say this or the NARA?

If VA said it in a denial- I would sure send a SF 180 at the NARA website myself-if I were you-and ask for all your SMR and personnel records.

I have the records of veterans here that were burned and/or destroyed in the ST Louis Fire-per the VA.

They dont even have char marks or water marks visible on the copies. . VA will say this sometimes and it can be a bold faced lie.

• HadIt.com Elder
Given the agoraphobia if you get 100% you should ask for housebound SMC. Agoraphobia is the definition of housebound. I have that in my records also as a SC condition, but because I have TDIU I have been reluctant to wake up that dog. Unless you are working from home agoraphobia should net a vet 100% since you can't do a lot if you can't leave your house except with fear and trembling.

x

x

x

Good call John, I totally missed that --and I agree!! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. You have a good claim with that diagnosis. Don't forget to take care of yourself

I had a good feeling about this forum. Feels good to go somewhere and have people show genuine concern. Now i will try to answer some of your questions. I tried to get in the VA before for medical treatment general healthcare / mental health. It was such a runaround , i did what a Marine never does and gave up. I have never applied for SC before.

Recently was sent a cd that had my DD- 214 on it and one LES statement ( Leave & Earning's ).

My stressor has been conceded as the CAR is on my DD - 214 . I also provided them with a copy of my combat promotion from E-3 TO E-4 that was awarded to me by Brigadier General Rowe in the field.

I do have another question or two. While reviewing my c&p exam i noticed a few discrepencies. Day's not able to work this past yr, examiner put down 5 weeks. My wife keeps loose track of this and pulled out the calender and showed me it was more like 96-100 days.

The other was my fault. I also have OCD which when she asked me on a scale of 1 - 10 how severe i was . I said i was an 8 yrs ago when first diagnosed, but due to my self help i feel i'm at a 2 now. Well my wife read this and said you are no 2 maybe a 5 - 6. My question is this , do i put in some kind of amendment to state this or does this have to come from the c&p examiner. I got a letter dated 11-03-09 stating if i had any more info to send it in within 10 days otherwise it will be sent for a formal decision. I don't want to do anything that may throw my claim to the back of the line. All comments and advice welcomed

Thanks again, SGT

My stressor has been conceded as the CAR is on my DD - 214 . I also provided them with a copy of my combat promotion from E-3 TO E-4 that was awarded to me by Brigadier General Rowe in the field.

Thanks again, SGT

StSandman,

I feel you will get service connection granted, starting out

at 50 to 70 %.

jmho,

carlie