VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A+a Approved Looking For Clarification

babynoah

Hi, thanks in advance for taking the time to read and/respond...my prior AD ARMY spouse applied for A+A DEC2007, it was denied the first time around and immediately appealed. Then it was approved w/ an official letter approx. Apr2009. Long story short am active duty and down range, but will be going on leave shortly and have a meeting w/ the VA rep who came by the house earlier. Was told it's not necessary to bring the veteran to the appt. since she was already seen. Her family helps her and was left w/ contact info I needed to follow up on upon my return. What I'd like to know is the following:

1) What is the appt for w/ the VA field rep? is it to determine more medical background info if the app has been approved for A+A already or is it just for the fiduciary info? Funds are being witheld due to incompetence being recently found. already rated 100% T+P for a few years already, the newest positive change is the approved A+A rating. The A+A rating is at the lowest letter level (can't recall off hand) for a mental health issue. was informed that it's rare A+A is given for mental probs. and that she's at the maximum level compensation the VA has for her mental probs., and we are thankful the process hasn't been a diffcult climb for years like many of y'all have been put through. I'm thankful for the forums giving heads up advice!

2) Backpay is dated to Dec2008 instead of the date of application DEC2007, is this correct?

3) her family took advice of an A+A person receiving homemaking and home aid care to pursue it through a VA social worker, but the mental health soc. worker wasn't much help at all and didn't even believe A+A could be granted without a physical disorder since this is the first she had seen...needless to say there wasn't much info to pluck about a homemaking and home aid care (which is exactly what those who care for her are doing sans the A+A funding...she will set food and stove aflame without supervision, requires personal care although she's ambulatory, etc., etc. it's all documented for @least the past 6 yrs in her medical files). I read somewhere and failed to bookmark that the VA allots 5 hrs/day for that service. Where can i find out more about that service to get her started on that application route? What is that prog. called if I have it wrong? Should i bring it up @the appt w/ the VA field rep @his office/is it better to go through a VSO?

Thank you!

Sgt. E

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic