VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Evaul Today

Rate this question

matt

Question

So I previously had a TBI C & P for TBI and a few other things. Denied for TBI, due to not having a diagnosis. Today, I had an appt with a VA DR for TBI at Rehab Management at the VA. After the pokes and prodes and the evaul, the Dr told me I do have some problems. More likely than not they are due to vitamin D defincencies. He told me that TBI should only last around 5 years and start to see improvement, instead of getting worse. Also told me his thoughts that Gulf War Syndrome is due to all the Vitamin D deficient Marines, soldiers. Apparently, I have an inner ear problem that is from the natural viruses we carry in our bodies is not reacting correctly due to the defiencies. For that my jaw dropped. He prescribed with a 90 day supply of Omaga 3 Fish Oil as well as Vitamin D supplements and put me on a Purine Diet, which limits certain types of foods mainly beans and othe things.

whelp he talked so fast, i caught about 100 of his 10000 words. He said the vitamins would eventually help with my memory and thought process. But at the least on the diet I should loss some weight.....lol

any thoughts,

Matt

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

[dizziness, nausea and vertigo are perhaps the most common of symptoms after a head injury]

http://vestibulardisorder.com/vestibular.html

The squalene they put in those desert storm vaccines didn't help either.

Vaccines May Be Linked to Gulf War Syndrome

http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/print_fri...%2F13%2F04.html

Well the funny thing is if the Doctor diagnosis me with something other then TBI, then I will just claim that as well. The are opening up a giant can of worms. I hate to add something that I think is probably false, but to just play the game i will. I have learned a bunch from this website and i was pretty much just venting on yesterday. Also, i am pretty happy right now due to when i originally filed and won my 60% claim, I never submitted copies of my childrens SSN cards, which I submitted on July 23 and just received the award letter in today's mail that I should be getting that check for back pay for $110 for 18 months. Now we have christmas money for the kids. you all have a good weekend.

Matt

I can see your point.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how a vit D deficiancy will fly for rating purposes. I don't believe it would be considered an official presumptive GW related illness. Also, if it is truely a vit deficiancy, wouldn't the symptoms disapear with the suppliments? So, if SC, I see a 0% rating.

It's possible to get a 'undiagnosed condition' rating as presumptive. However these condition come with allot of doubt from C&P doctors and raters. In comparison, I got a 20% rating for my 'undiagnosed condition' for the same symptoms that now get me 100% for my diagnosed TBI.

On a seperate note, my dog does very well on her 'Purina Diet'. I didn't know it was made of mainly beans and other things. Kidding of course.