VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The "need More Evidence" Letter Today

Rate this question

Angelo Hurtado

Question

but i dont understand, ive submitted everything from the ptsd that i have. i did not get diagnosed while in service (9 months after i was out) so am i screwed? they said someone will contact me for an appt but from the va but thats who im being treated by. any insight or help?

angelo

Edited by Angelo Hurtado

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

read the letter again, did it say that they will give you an exam? If so this may be a C & P exam for your current claim. As long as the doctor reviewed your SMR to make the diagnosis that you have PTSD, you should be fine. How long have you been out of service? When did you file a claim for PTSD?

I think you should be fine. I've been through the rating thing twice in the last 14 months. Both times I received a letter like that asking for more evidence, both times I turned in nothing as extra evidence, both times they said that there was going to be an appointment (C&P exam), and both times everything came out alright. The first time I was awarded 30% for PTSD. The second time they upped me to 70% for PTSD.

The letter mostly just lets you know that something is happening with your claim and it is being processed.

You mentioned that you've already been diagnosed for PTSD by the VA. In which case, another doctor is going to exam you and re-confirm that diagnosis and fill out the C&P questionare. It really isn't anything to be worried about.

I'm not suggesting to exagerate, but read the webpage I linked below. It lets you know the rough criteria they are looking at for the different ratings and this may give you an idea on what certain questions they are asking you may mean. I initially got 30%, looked at the chart and noticed that I had many of the symptoms in the 70% range. Just be honest and don't hold anything back.

http://www.vva.org/ptsd_levels.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't be to concerned they send out the same letter to all who apply. Since you feel that you have given all that you can just move on and try not to worry.

Some call these letters a boiler plate letter that VA uses to cover their own ass

sounds good. i had got one another time for my sleep apnea but i had more info to submit and when they said they were going to have a exam for it, after i submitted the paper work i never got a exam so thats why this one worried me lol

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...173&idno=38

(2) Disability compensation —(i) Direct service connection (§ 3.4 ( b )). Day following separation from active service or date entitlement arose if claim is received within 1 year after separation from service; otherwise, date of receipt of claim, or date entitlement arose, whichever is later. Separation from service means separation under conditions other than dishonorable from continuous active service which extended from the date the disability was incurred or aggravated.