VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help To Locate Percentage

Rate this question

Destia

Question

Hello to all of my brothers and sister vets. Can anyone assist me with locating percentages for my husband disabilities. He is on his 20th year in the Army and in 2 years he will be retiring. For the past five years or more he has been going to the doctors with several complaints in order for his medical conditions to be documented. He has an erray of medical condition's, just recently recieved a c-pap machine for sleep apnea. He also has hypertension (taking 3 B/P medicines). The list of all of his medical conditions is the following.

Sleep Apnea (c-pap machine), Knee (both arthritis), Migraines (on meds for this), shoulder(arthritis), elbow (arthritis), wrist (carpal tunnel), ankle (arthritis), vocal cords (damage scarring), acid reflex, lower and upper back pain (arthritis, requiring injections), high blood pressure (three types of meds for this), hypothryroidism (on medication), flat feet, PTSD (mild, talking to shrink), Anxiety (attacls almost every day), gastro for loose stools (upper and lower GI), hearing (mild)

Where can I go inorder to find out the ratings for these conditions? Does anyone here have these conditions and if so....How much has the VA given you? Thank you all in advance.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

You can research here. http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_08/38cfr4_08.html

These are the rating criteria. It's best for you to go through these codes and see what applies to your husband then for us to give generic answers. Your doing the right thing to start researching now.

Thank him for his service for us.

We will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Welcome to Hadit.

I don't understand that if he's still active duty

how does he get 50 % service connection already ?

carlie

Hello Carlie. I am a disabled veteran who is currently 50% SC. My husband is currently active duty with 20 years in service. He will be retireing in 2 years and I posted some questions regarding his medical issues that he is being treated for. I wanted to gather as much information as I could so he could see what his disability ratings might be when he gets out. My husband never made it a point to go to sick call through out his military career and now that he is approaching retirement I have made it a priority for him to make sure he addresses all of his medical conditions before he gets out of the military. Thank God he is listening to me.

The Schedule of Ratings topic here should help you get some idea of what VA may or may not rate - it is hard to determine what they will do.

Also hard to know what his retirement discharge physical in 2 years will show.

He should look into CRPD and CRSC as well as VA compensation when he retires.

The Schedule of Ratings topic here should help you get some idea of what VA may or may not rate - it is hard to determine what they will do.

Also hard to know what his retirement discharge physical in 2 years will show.

He should look into CRPD and CRSC as well as VA compensation when he retires.

I really apreciate all of the help and advice that you share with the hadit.com forum. You are an angel sent from GOD. Can you please tell me what exactly is CRPD and CRSC. Also someone told me that it would be best for him to be medically retired verses just to retire. Is this true? One of his Doctors felt that he should retire medically because of all his ailments and the severity of his sleep apnea and uncontrolled high blood pressure.My husband of course objects to his primary care doctors reccommendations. The most important part for my husband is being their for his troops and to be medically discharge represents weakness and he shll have no part in that decision. I personally love this man so much and all I want is the best for him. But someone just so happened to tell me that and I just wanted to know f it were true or not to be medically discharged or just to retire regularly. Once again "THANK YOU" for your advice and your time.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a guy here who was medically retired and then the VA said they could find no medical condition on which to rate him. Yes, that is Rockhound. Booted out for schizoprenia and then the VA says he has a Personality Disorder so no compensation. The more documentation in a person's SMR's the better. The army threw me out as a PD and VA said schizophrenia, and rated me. Nothing is certain with these guys.