VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

ATVer

Question

I posted this in another forum, no response, so I figured i'd post here too. I'm going this week to file a PTSD claim. I was never treated for anything while on active duty. What all do i need to get the ball rolling, DD-214 and what else? I also want to file for TBI and tinnitus, but PTSD is my main concern. Do i file them all at the same time i'm guessing?

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

File now to protect your effective date. It takes the VA months to develope your claim. You should have the evidence by then. The sooner you file the better.

I should be good to go now. Got them filed. Friday i met with my primary care doctor, a psychologist, and an OIF/OEF worker. Then Thursday i met with another psychologist and a psychiatrist for meds, should be in the mail. Have to go back to the psychologist in a couple weeks and the psychiatrist after the first of the year for check ups. Still waiting on the TBI screening. Just thought i'd post my experience thus far.

• HadIt.com Elder
I should be good to go now. Got them filed.

Did you file for all your disabilities? You had mentioned that you were going to defer some of them, until you received your new evidence. Did you receive the evidence yet? Usually, DD215 corrections don't take long.

Best wishes...

Edited by Commander Bob