VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bilateral Tinitus

Rate this question

GunnyO_Ret_USMC

Question

I have been diagnosed with bilateral tinitus and was wondering if you can get the 10% X2 for the bilateral. I believe that I read something to that effect in this forum where bilateral tinitus at the 10% X2 was granted from the VA, since it is bilateral. I am currently receiving 10% X2 for bilateral knee athritis so shouldn't that be the case also for the tinitus. B) I have already filed for tinitus, but not for bilateral. Should I change the claim to bilateral?

BTW, this forum is awesome and I just want to say thank you to you all and a special thank you to the Veterans who have served. The information that is shared here is priceless.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have been diagnosed with bilateral tinitus and was wondering if you can get the 10% X2 for the bilateral. I believe that I read something to that effect in this forum where bilateral tinitus at the 10% X2 was granted from the VA, since it is bilateral. I am currently receiving 10% X2 for bilateral knee athritis so shouldn't that be the case also for the tinitus. B) I have already filed for tinitus, but not for bilateral. Should I change the claim to bilateral?

BTW, this forum is awesome and I just want to say thank you to you all and a special thank you to the Veterans who have served. The information that is shared here is priceless.

You can only be SC for tinnitus up to 10% whether its bilateral or not. It does have to be subjective though. Good luck.

I believe 38C.F.R. 4.87

Tinnitus: Regardless of whether unilateral, bilateral, or in the head will be 10% authorized as a single disability. So if you are granted/approved you are looking at 10%. Remember the VA math rule though. It is not the same as regular addition math. It is % oriented and may not total to the 10% amount when added to the current % you are currently rated.

I believe 38C.F.R. 4.87

Tinnitus: Regardless of whether unilateral, bilateral, or in the head will be 10% authorized as a single disability. So if you are granted/approved you are looking at 10%. Remember the VA math rule though. It is not the same as regular addition math. It is % oriented and may not total to the 10% amount when added to the current % you are currently rated.

It figures. The VA does whatever it can to keep us veterans from receiving our dues. Why should Bilateral Tinnitus be any different from any other bilateral ratings for compensation? They always make an exception to the rule, as long as it's in their favor. B)