VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A New Excuse From Dept. Vet. To Denie Ptsd

Rate this question

cachanilla73

Question

I just read this, I believe they are looking for another excuse to denie PTSD to our veterans... I lived with one combat veteran and I know what is like.... My husband ptsd is not because of something in his childhood or something in his brain or blood. It is a result from his combat.

We need to fight this together...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091120/ap_on_...predicting_ptsd

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I can see them doing this at the MEPS station now before you join the military...

"Your screen for potential PTSD came back positive. If you want to join the military we'll need you to sign this waiver stating that you'll wave any and all rights to receive compensation in the event you develop PTSD when deployed to combat operations."

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The article says "his gaze fixed on a computer that flashed a rhythmic pulse of contrasting images."

Sounds like a secret plan to brainwash people.

Something like that might trigger epilepsy or even the desire to listen to Jimmi Hendrix.

• HadIt.com Elder

See, when we have wars of choice the military can pick and choose to try and reduce any liability they might have for people who might be predisposed to PTSD. If there is a major war they will drag everyone in kicking and screaming, and all this screening will go out the widow. Do you think the Draft Board would give a damn about sniffing dogs and flashing lights? No, they just look for a pulse.

• HadIt.com Elder
See, when we have wars of choice the military can pick and choose to try and reduce any liability they might have for people who might be predisposed to PTSD. If there is a major war they will drag everyone in kicking and screaming, and all this screening will go out the widow. Do you think the Draft Board would give a damn about sniffing dogs and flashing lights? No, they just look for a pulse.

Maybe, but they are trying to reduce costs on the front end now that they have large back end costs. That would be bad for people who would benefit from military service training, education, better quality of life, etc...

It is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! And I too know what it is like to have a PTSD combat vet husband. You realize right away that their war experience is the only reason they could possibly have PTSD.

I have photo of Rod in flowing red altar boy gown for his last Mass service before he left for Parris Island USMC.

His innocence was lost in Vietnam 65-66 Danang. Lost forever.He was never the same again.

VYNC said:

Something like that might trigger epilepsy or even the desire to listen to Jimmi Hendrix.

You are Right about the epilepsy I am sure-

but doesn't everyone desire to listen to Hendrix????? B)