VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C & P

Rate this question

jadill42

Question

I don't know if this is the right forum but I was reading and decided to seek information regarding my situation. In 2007 I was hospitalized in Perry Point, Md. with a diagnosis of severe PTSD. I attended an intense program to help me. I finished that and was told to put in a claim for the dx. I did so and never got anything back from the VA. I moved to another state and asked a VSO to check into the claim and found out that my claims had been included with the Haas V Nicholson case (Blue Water Navy). It didn't matter that I had submitted evidence that i had been in country and had been diagnosed with the PTSD. Eventually I was told by my VSO that I had been denied my claim for PTSD and I had waited too long to appeal. The problem is that I had proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had been in country. (DD214 +DD215 with orders and medals and previous stressors submitted.) After consulting with a local Congressman's office and getting a disability rating for one of the presumptive illnesses, the VA still has not even mentioned the PTSD. I have sent in a notice of disagreement in that regard however they denied that as well. Recently I went through another intensive 8 week course at a local VA for PTSD again and was determined to have gotten worse. I am wondering what else can I do to get some kind of decision on my case. I submitted the results of the latest hospitalization findings to the VA again. Any information or suggestions that anybody can give will be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

First of all you can have ptsd, but to get service connected for it three things have to happen.(1) Be diagnose with PTSD by a medical professional (psychiatist of clincal psychologist)(2)Have vertifable inservice stressor (unless you have a purple heart,Combat Infantryman badge,combat action ribbon of any medal that was rewarded to you for being in combat with the enemy)and (3)your ptsd corroborate with your inservice stressor and it is ongoing.

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder
The VA is supposed to play by the rules also. Thanks for helping a Veteran.

But Pete we all know that many times they don't follow their own rule book, they play a game that isn't listed anywhere, thats why T Bird started "hadit" I imagine many of us here came because we had been screwed by VSO's and the VARO's and by many veterans and some great people Mike Harris, Alex, Berta, T Bird, you, John etc there are to many to list Flip and his road trips to many times the RO decides they don't want to play by the rules even I ended up getting a lawyer to win my heart claim against them despite being on SSD for heart problems they rated me at 60% fighting them again to get it to the 100% doesn't change anything I am SMC S now but they play to many games.

But Pete we all know that many times they don't follow their own rule book, they play a game that isn't listed anywhere, thats why T Bird started "hadit" I imagine many of us here came because we had been screwed by VSO's and the VARO's and by many veterans and some great people Mike Harris, Alex, Berta, T Bird, you, John etc there are to many to list Flip and his road trips to many times the RO decides they don't want to play by the rules even I ended up getting a lawyer to win my heart claim against them despite being on SSD for heart problems they rated me at 60% fighting them again to get it to the 100% doesn't change anything I am SMC S now but they play to many games.

That's true. I had two claims, one for my back which they diagnosed me with mild scoliosis, and in the examination notes of that very claim, said they found no scoliosis (which would have picked me up from 10 to 20%) and a PTSD claim that got denied. They said I have PTSD, but there were no in service stressors, even though they made me run with asthma and I passed out once from it. You have to quote their own regs back to them, and just keep on fighting. I'm still trying to find a way to add more weight behind my NOD for PTSD, just don't know how.