VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delay Ischemic Heart Disease

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

Just got letter from V.A.

Dear Mr (Tinkerer)

We have received your compensation claim for ischemic heart disease based on herbicide exposure. However, this disease has not yet been added to the Department of Veterans Affairs regulations governing diseases presumptively associated with herbicide exposure. In order to add this disease, we must follow a series of legal requirements, including publishing a notice in the Federal Register. We have begun this process, but are holding your claim until these requirements have been met. When the process is complete, we will make a determination on your claim and provide you with a notice of our decision.

My guess, enough of us have not died of this yet so let's wait a couple of months!!!!

Dave

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hopping not to have to go the lawyer rout however if needed i will. I released all medical records to ssd showing bypass bad stress test in 05 and pad starting 5 mo after by pass. I think it should go straight through.

Just got letter from V.A.

Dear Mr (Tinkerer)

We have received your compensation claim for ischemic heart disease based on herbicide exposure. However, this disease has not yet been added to the Department of Veterans Affairs regulations governing diseases presumptively associated with herbicide exposure. In order to add this disease, we must follow a series of legal requirements, including publishing a notice in the Federal Register. We have begun this process, but are holding your claim until these requirements have been met. When the process is complete, we will make a determination on your claim and provide you with a notice of our decision.

My guess, enough of us have not died of this yet so let's wait a couple of months!!!!

Dave

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hope they are wrong, also I have been told that with a ICD (mediGot same letter and I filed 26Oct09 for the presumptice IHD AO claim. I have been told that the VA probably will not use our dates of filing for any paymnet...

cal device) I will get a 100% rating,

Time will tell, anyone for a long knap till they decide?

My VSo and I meet mondayto send in ROI forms for medial records from all my health care providers& civilian hospitals , and letter from Cardiologist that implanted the ICD.

Plus a copy of my 30No2009 echocardiogram the VA gave me.... I have copy and am not afraid to use it...

Nope -that is accurate and I just posted more info in CLaims Research from VA Central on it-

It goes into the Federal Register within 60 days after the Secretary's announcement and then after that it will take 60 days to get into 38 USC,CFR and M21-1.

"I have been told that the VA probably will not use our dates of filing for any paymnet."

Yes the would be the EED for payment unless you were previously denied for the same disability- then the Nehmer COurt Order Kicks in.

(Unless VA tries to screw around with that but I doubt it)

A AO vet who is awarded for AO disability but was denied for same disability in the past should read Nehmer info here as their EED might be the date of the past claim.

The VA says these denials must be dated after Sept 1985 but that conflicts with Nehmer.

"Plus a copy of my 30No2009 echocardiogram the VA gave me.... I have copy and am not afraid to use it"

PS Good for you!

an ECHO can clearly reveal ischemic heart disease is the VA should question the type of Cardio disease you have.

Hello everyone! I too am a Vet with AO issues. I started out with 20% for diabetes and through my own research got them to go up to 40% because of "Regulation of Activities". Then I just last month go it up to 60% because of the pins and needles in my fingers and toes. Then I hear that Ischemic heart disease is going to be added. That explains why I had a heart attack and had complete blockage of an artery when I was 38 yrs old. I am 62 now and on SSI Disability because of my bad hips. My heart is so bad they did not want to operate on me. I put in for the Ischemic heart disease and got the letter back saying they received it and now I had to wait for the VA to publish the 3 new diseases in the federal register. My ejection fraction back in 2000 when I did a stress test on a table with a rubber ball you squeeze was only 19%. I looked up the percentage awards for heart disease and if your ejection fraction is below 30% they would rate me at 100%. If I live that long.

That is about it for me. So here I sit in my wheelchair and hope for the best.

Take care,

The Parrotthead

I spoke with my VSO today and he said the VA sent him an email stating that they have begun working on the regulations for IHD, Parkisons, and B cell leukimia and should be added to the registry soon.

Jeff