VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delay Ischemic Heart Disease

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

Just got letter from V.A.

Dear Mr (Tinkerer)

We have received your compensation claim for ischemic heart disease based on herbicide exposure. However, this disease has not yet been added to the Department of Veterans Affairs regulations governing diseases presumptively associated with herbicide exposure. In order to add this disease, we must follow a series of legal requirements, including publishing a notice in the Federal Register. We have begun this process, but are holding your claim until these requirements have been met. When the process is complete, we will make a determination on your claim and provide you with a notice of our decision.

My guess, enough of us have not died of this yet so let's wait a couple of months!!!!

Dave

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

parrothead

Did you ever try and get your heart disease SC'ed as secondary to the DMII? I did that and got a 60% rating for CAD. I got secondary ratings for PN as well. There are many secondary conditions due to DMII that are almost definite. You still need a medical statement. I started with having a CT scan of my legs and that showed blockages. From there it ended up with CAD because I got more testing including echo stress test. I was already sc'ed for DMII due to AO. Many vision problems are related to DMII including cataracts.

Jeff, have you have ever had an A1C test done for your blood sugar level.

It is a test that measures the blood sugars and it gets a 3 month average.

This test is the one you need if you have not gotton one.

J

Your doctor went toMedical school in Guno if he told you that ypur not Type 2 with those numbers

Get the A1C the VA does those all the time

Your doctor went toMedical school in Guno if he told you that ypur not Type 2 with those numbers

Get the A1C the VA does those all the time

The last test was an A1C. I have an AO exam scheduled on February 8th so maybe the doc there will be more user friendly. I wrote my family doc a letter yesterday and vented off a lot of steam to him and told him how I felt and also included a list of AO presumptives. I see him again on the next week so maybe we can get things straightened out. I guess you could say that I've HAD IT!

Jeff

Hi, remember that the VA put a hold on the new AO Presumptive Claims?

A week ago I got a letter that a VA C&P people are scheduling me an Exam.

Is the VA moving ahead with the exams, and other paper work, but waiting to award a claim till the final

rules are posted so that the "claims" will be awarded in a timely fashion...... or am I delusional ?

No, that is not rhetorical question.

I have filed for a claim too for IHD. It will be interesting to see what kind of a reply I receive. I have to agree with Dave on his comment about not enough of us have died yet to make a decision. I'm guessing 30% compensation. I have 4 stints currently and have an appointment with my cardioligist on the 11th of December. Can't walk more than a block and 1/2 without getting chest pain. Taking a nitro relieves the pain though.

Let me know what you find out in the future Dave.

Jeff

did your Cardiologist get a MUGA test ddone on you to establish a EF score ?

Ask your Primary care to schedule you a MUGA exam, mine did as soon as I told her I wasw filing a AO Presumptive for IHD.

took one hour, no pain, some gain.

The EF score is a tool they use to grant the different Percentages for compensation

s/f

van

I assume my cardio doc has an EF score on me. The cardio doc I see is the founder of the heart center I go to. He's very good at what he does and also is very concerned in your well being.

I'm building a list in my head to toss out to the doc at my AO exam next month.

I think my last EF was 63...

Jeff

S/F

Edited by Sgt Schmidt