VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delay Ischemic Heart Disease

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

Just got letter from V.A.

Dear Mr (Tinkerer)

We have received your compensation claim for ischemic heart disease based on herbicide exposure. However, this disease has not yet been added to the Department of Veterans Affairs regulations governing diseases presumptively associated with herbicide exposure. In order to add this disease, we must follow a series of legal requirements, including publishing a notice in the Federal Register. We have begun this process, but are holding your claim until these requirements have been met. When the process is complete, we will make a determination on your claim and provide you with a notice of our decision.

My guess, enough of us have not died of this yet so let's wait a couple of months!!!!

Dave

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<did your Cardiologist get a MUGA test ddone on you to establish a EF score ?

Ask your Primary care to schedule you a MUGA exam, mine did as soon as I told her I wasw filing a AO Presumptive for IHD.

took one hour, no pain, some gain.

The EF score is a tool they use to grant the different Percentages for compensation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Another heart test is the Stress Myocardial Perfusion Imaging Report. I'm using it as part of my submission of medical documents for IHD claim. It shows the EF% and lists, to me, the most important diagnosis phrase in the report: "abnormal consistent with ischemia."

One more tool to have with you on this mission.

I have the AO exam on Feb 8th so I'll ask the doc about the MUGA exam. The last time I went for a cardiolite stress test they couldn't get my heart rate to go over 100. They had me stop taking my meds and scheduled me for another test a week later where they gave me an injection to increase my heart rate. Still couldn't reach anything above 100. That injection is for the birds! Was just like having the big one.

Jeff

Some of my med records from my cardio doc relate my heart disease as ischemic. I sent them in when i filed my claim.

Edited by Sgt Schmidt

Jeff,

My EF is 44 as I remember, above 60 is really good as I remember below 40 in the 30's is very bad

s/f

van

I assume my cardio doc has an EF score on me. The cardio doc I see is the founder of the heart center I go to. He's very good at what he does and also is very concerned in your well being.

I'm building a list in my head to toss out to the doc at my AO exam next month.

I think my last EF was 63...

Jeff

S/F