VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase In Benefits For Ptsd Already 50% 10%

Rate this question

cadillacjack305

Question

Hey Bros and Sis's,

I went to see a counselor at the VA and he told me to apply for an increase if my PTSD wasn't improving so I did about 4 or 5 months ago and I got a letter to go in on a C & P exam. My stresser proof is CIB and Purple Heart. I am currently 50% PTSD 10% ACL. Things have been going down hill for me the past 6 months I got fired from my job for fighting with my boss got arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest got in to it at the beach with a cop been drinking heavily and taking about 8 or 9 percocets a day. I went to the emergency room to get sleep meds because they told me to get sleep meds I would have to see a psychologist and that would take weeks unless I went to the emergency room about 6 months ago and got meds prescribed and never took the anti depressants but am running out the sleeping pills after that they wanted me to go to the PTSD clinc but I only went a few times and stopped. I dont want to take the antidepressants. Anybody know how likely it would be to get an increase from 50% to 70%?

Thanks for any helpicon12.gif fellow bros and sis's

Cadillac signing out. ph34r.gif

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get 100% if you are not working. Have you filed for Social Security?

If you are back working 50 to 70% is usually about max.

Good Luck

I'm not back working Pete. You think I should tell them about drinking and drugs? I told them I smoke Marijuana but it was before a surgery.

You should get 100% if you are not working. Have you filed for Social Security?

If you are back working 50 to 70% is usually about max.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there you are on the down side now not much for you to do but wait but most of VARO's give you and answer within a couple of months after C&P.

Pete

The C&P psychiatrist said what he was going to put in on my eval paperwork is that at this time I'm not able to work around others and preform stressful task due to my PTSD but said that he was going to say I could possibly and he stressed the possibly saying he's not for certain that I would be able to or not do such work as stuffing envelopes and task like that.

Pete do you think I should apply for Social Security Disability or wait till my claim is processed?

Thanks bro!

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security should be applied for as quickly as possible after you are no longer working.

Good Luck