VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Are All The Experts Please Tell Me What Ami To Do

Rate this question

mac mcqueen

Question

Please help I'm major confused now.

1.) I had Knee Arthroscopic on July 16 2009 to repair left knee meniscus tear, during the operation it was noted the I had Grade three to four Chondromalacia of the trochlear groove.

2.) On July 27 2009, I had Left Sided Hemilaminectomy for decompression. Discectomy at the L5-S1 to remove disc fragments, Posterior Lumbar Fusion was conducted

In Aug I submitted a claim to the VA for a increase in the left knee due to the grade of Chondromalacia and also Conv for both the knee and the back. I sent all required paperwork Post operative reports for both surgeries. I had a C/P exam in Fayetteville on 21 Aug 2009.

Then on Aug 19 2009 they sent me another letter stating: We are working on your claim for your left knee temp 100% conv also Temp 100% for back surgery. Now the added chonndromalacia right knee and restless leg syndrome, I had not asked for these additional items. I got letter from my primary Care doctor, letters from my wife and myself in regards to the restless leg syndrome stating it had not got worse and the had doubled my medication for same. The also set me up with an appointment with the Va hospital to have another C/P exam for my right knee. Which I attended on 21 August 2009.

I called the 1-800 number last week they stated that my paperwork was at the rater and that he was requesting another C/P exam letter to do a EMG/Nerve Study. I called the VA Hospital and talked to the lady there and she stated that they had received the paperwork and it is scheduled for Dec 1 2009.

Now today I receive a letter in the mail and it states the follow:

"We continue working on your claim that was submitted on Aug 7, 2009. However, our letter to you dated Aug 19 2009 and Sept 17 2009 failed to give you information regarding your claim for Temp 100% rating for Back and Knee surgery. And also your claim for restless leg syndrome secondary to your service-connected back condition."

I don't understand I have already each time sent all of this paperwork. What the hell is going on. Can anyone tell me what is going on. I don't understand. Is the anyway to call the rater, and ask if he has all the paperwork

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

1.) I had Knee Arthroscopic on July 16 2009 to repair left knee meniscus tear, during the operation it was noted the I had Grade three to four Chondromalacia of the trochlear groove.

2.) On July 27 2009, I had Left Sided Hemilaminectomy for decompression. Discectomy at the L5-S1 to remove disc fragments, Posterior Lumbar Fusion was conducted

In Aug I submitted a claim to the VA for a increase in the left knee due to the grade of Chondromalacia and also Conv for both the knee and the back. I sent all required paperwork Post operative reports for both surgeries. I had a C/P exam in Fayetteville on 21 Aug 2009.

Then on Aug 19 2009 they sent me another letter stating: We are working on your claim for your left knee temp 100% conv also Temp 100% for back surgery. Now the added chonndromalacia right knee and restless leg syndrome, I had not asked for these additional items. I got letter from my primary Care doctor, letters from my wife and myself in regards to the restless leg syndrome stating it had not got worse and the had doubled my medication for same. The also set me up with an appointment with the Va hospital to have another C/P exam for my right knee. Which I attended on 21 August 2009.

I called the 1-800 number last week they stated that my paperwork was at the rater and that he was requesting another C/P exam letter to do a EMG/Nerve Study. I called the VA Hospital and talked to the lady there and she stated that they had received the paperwork and it is scheduled for Dec 1 2009.

"We continue working on your claim that was submitted on Aug 7, 2009. However, our letter to you dated Aug 19 2009 and Sept 17 2009 failed to give you information regarding your claim for Temp 100% rating for Back and Knee surgery. And also your claim for restless leg syndrome secondary to your service-connected back condition."

I don't understand I have already each time sent all of this paperwork. What the hell is going on. Can anyone tell me what is going on. I don't understand. Is the anyway to call the rater, and ask if he has all the paperwork

I was reading your info, all I can tell you is to submit what they want. I do not believe that you will be able to talk to a rater. Also if you are SC for your knee problems I think that you can get 100% temporarily for up to 13 months. I had a friend who had some type of knee injury and he was awarded the 100% quit the job and requested unemployability increase. I hope this helps your frustation. Welcome to the club. Just dont give up, give them what they want, its money in the bank waiting to be withdrawn.

Izzy

• HadIt.com Elder

mac,

I've read your post three times, but my powers of concetration are exceeded.

I can tell you why you are confused.

Because you have too much going on..........

Are you attempting to handle all these claims yourself? It's okay, if you are, as long as you can keep yer shit together...........and it is becoming apparent, even to you, that you can't.

You need to find someone that you can sit down with, lay all your paperwork out, chronologically, and see where you are, in the VA scheme of things.

If you have not tried your County Veterans Service Officer.......then get yourself down there, BUT, before you do, do as I suggested and get your stuff together, date-wise.

Otherwise, you are going to overwhelm WHOMEVER you wind up with.

Just as you've overwhelmed me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is my Take.

Call your Rep and tell them you are going to see your claims folder to review.

Have them set up an appt and go look at it. Take the copies you have just in case.

Their redundancy is plain old SOP. If th ey opened the file and looked you wouldnt be asking this question.

J

• In Memoriam

Sometimes the VA doesn't get paper work timely. I think you should call your VSCM (VA Veterans Service Center Manager) or VSCM assistant and explain just what you did explain here. Then ask the VSCM to explain what is going on, what they need, and what is happening.

• HadIt.com Elder
Sometimes the VA doesn't get paper work timely. I think you should call your VSCM (VA Veterans Service Center Manager) or VSCM assistant and explain just what you did explain here. Then ask the VSCM to explain what is going on, what they need, and what is happening.

YUp, that'd probably work.

From what i'm Reading your paperwork is being processed,part of that process is that they have requested on your behalf a temporary rating for your knee and back of 100% that is good because the conditions you have you deserve a 100% rating. if you have submitted all of your paperwork to the VA you're OK it appears that more than likely you are going to get your temporary 100% and then in the future you will have to go to another C&P for them to decide if your condition has improved if it's about the same more than likely you will then get your 100% to become permanent. Your claim looks good just make sure you go to any appointments they ask you to go to.And keep all your paperwork in one location where you can get it when needed.Also the additional items they are looking at is a good thing,let them look at everything they want to it will benefit you.and anytime you send in paperwork make sure you keep a copy for yourself.