VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combined Rating And Tbi

Rate this question

Sailorman

Question

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew that if under the new TBI schedule of rating if this new criteria would be combined with other disabilities? I am scheduled for my TBI exam this coming Friday which ties into my appeal dated by to 1996. I requested an evaluation under the new criteria. Also, is their anyone out there that has been granted an increase?

Sailorman

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The TBI ratings are based on the residuals of TBI which could be physical, mental, or emotional or all of above.

You mentioned a claim on appeal-1996-

Did you re-open this claim and was this also for TBI?

Do you have a proven nexus or link to the actual event that caused the TBI?

Although you mention a much older claim- it is possible that you could also be OEF OIF veteran-are you?

There are TBI awards to include increases at the BVA web site. It all depends on the medical evidence and proven cause of the TBI.

If you use the search feature at hadit- you can find the blank TBI C & P worksheet and this will let you know what to expect.

Here is one of many TBI award claims and it might help you:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files1/0909818.txt

Thanks Berta for you quick response. I never re-opened the claim, it have been on appeal since 1996 and then the regulations changed in 2008. At this time I requested to re-evaluate under the new criteria. I was previously awarded 10% for brain disease due to trauma. I do have the actual events that caused my TBI. FYI, it was due to being hit in the head with a bat. I don’t know what you are referring to when you mentioned OEF-OIF Veteran. Any case thanks for the information.

Sailorman

Operation Iraqi Freedom OIF

Operation Enduring Freedom OEF

What is the exact status of your claim now?

Did BVA remand your claim?

Can you give us the BVA citation number and docket number and date of the remand?

Or is it at the CAVC ?

Berta, after I responded I googled and found my answer to what is OIF/OEF was. LOL, I guess my side effects of my condition is showing. Thanks again and to answer your question, yes I am.

What is the exact status of your claim now? It is still on remand from the BVA pending the results of my c&p this Friday.

Can you give us the BVA citation number and docket number and date of the remand? The date of the remand in February 2008. I will look for the rest of the information and post it later

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew that if under the new TBI schedule of rating if this new criteria would be combined with other disabilities? I am scheduled for my TBI exam this coming Friday which ties into my appeal dated by to 1996. I requested an evaluation under the new criteria. Also, is their anyone out there that has been granted an increase?

Sailorman

I believe the short answer to your question is yes.

You can be rated up to 100% under the new criteria DC8045. You can also have seperate ratings for things like mental disorders(depression, anxiaty, ect) and migraines caused by your tbi.

Now for my standard question.

Have you had neuro-psych testing?