VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Question And Other Question

Rate this question

chemdogg

Question

I went to VA Clinic today and had my 2nd C&P exam, first one was in 2006. I have been reciving 100% for ptsd, aniety, depression. My question is does a person ever get permanent 100% disability or what? How many C&P exams do I have to do?Ever year or what? Also, while I was in with the doctor for exam, my wife was in waiting area. She over heard 2 people talking about disabilty percent ratings. She told me a guy said somethign about a 200% rating and 300% rating. I thought the rating only went as high as 100%, am I confused or what. whats the highest rating, if there is a 200% rating and 300% rating, where does one research that at? I cannot find anything at all. The guy also said he had his inital exam anfd then 1 more C&P exam and was put on permanent disability, is that how it works or how many exams does a person until get permanent? I appreciate all help, Thank you very much.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It really depends on the veterans situation. A veteran can very easily have multiple disabilities that adds up to 200 or 300 but with VA funny math, they are only paid at the 100% rate or a veteran can be rated at 100% for one disability and than have other disabilities added to it to be rated over 100% and be paid at the 100% rate plus a smc payment. Sometimes you have to ask to be rated P &T permanent and total or have a doctor state that you are unemployable to get P & T but VA can always send you to an exam.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit.

The VA is funny cause in their world Permanent is less protected than Temporary. Don't ask me its their logic. The numbers don't add up but the question you asked my answer would be yes. I am 100% P&T.