VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Compensation Claim Divided And Not Conquered.

Rate this question

samiam1978

Question

Hello, I have a claim for compensation with the Veteran Affairs that was filed in 2006. In 2008 I got a DRO decision that denied the claim, but left off two health issues related to the compensation. I filed for an Appeal on the issues denied and am waiting for a hearing date. About 9 months later (after I had sent in a letter asking about the other 2 issues) the Veteran Affairs sent me a letter asking me to get all of the evidence I had on these two issues so they could make another DRO decision on them. That was another 9 months ago. My VSO says we should have a hearing coming up around March 2010 on the issues I file my Form 9 on. This is not including the two issues I am still waiting on a DRO decision. I want to keep all the issues or diseases together in this claim, but I have not heard from the Veteran Affairs on the 2 diseases they admitted forgetting. What should I do? I am afraid if I go and ask about the 2 diseases that were orginially part of the claim then that will set the Appeals Hearing date back. I have already been working through this claim since 2005 and ready to get personnally in front of a Judge and explain my claim instead of what has been twisted and misinformed statements that the people who have made decision have used so far. Should I just let the other 2 diseases drop? Very confused at this point and need advice.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You have a hearing on the other issues but have filed an I-9 on whatever they denied,,,,,did I get that right?

"I am still waiting on a DRO decision."

I suggest you send them an Iris inquiry at the VA web site under "Contact Us"

for the status of that.

Did they send you a VCAA letter on not only the issues on your I-9 but also on these additional 2 issues?

With more info maybe we can help more-

what is the claim on appeal for?

what are these other two issues for?