VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerned. Need Help And Advice

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I was rated 30% for PTSD several months ago. I thought that the VA would contact me for some type of treatment plan, but have heard nothing. I'm nervous about doing something or not doing something without the VA knowing about it. Would going to a Vet Center be a wise move, and do I need the VA's approval? I did put in for VA medical care, but I know I will be denied as I make too much money. My personal doctor has me on Celexa for depression, but it is not helping. Propanaolol for my nerves and shaking. They are not really helping. I was at a meeting last week briefing some 06s and above. My hands started to shake and coffee went everywhere. That was so embrassing. If, I did not have my job, I would just stay home in chronic pain, more depressed and shaking. It would also take a lot for me to walk into a VA medical palce for treatment, they scare the cr*p out of me. I have not lost all my marbles lately, I have not tried to fight 5 hard hats lately like I did about a month ago. They should have beat the cr*p out of me, I would have deserved it.

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you're rated SC for PTSD, you can get treatment (counseling and meds) for it at the VA regardless of your income. Go through the VA eligibility office first, but take a copy of your DD214 and your SC award letter. You can then go to the VA hospital and get a MH referral from one of the primary care docs. You can also go to the MH department directly too. Be sure to tell them you want to see someone today and they should get you in. I also heard you can go to the ER and they have a staff psych doc you can see.

I was rated 30% for PTSD several months ago. I thought that the VA would contact me for some type of treatment plan, but have heard nothing. I'm nervous about doing something or not doing something without the VA knowing about it. Would going to a Vet Center be a wise move, and do I need the VA's approval? I did put in for VA medical care, but I know I will be denied as I make too much money.

I have not tried to fight 5 hard hats lately like I did about a month ago. They should have beat the cr*p out of me, I would have deserved it.

Papa

Papa,

Any condition you are SC'd for VA is to provide treatment and any

meds at no charge - if you trust them enough and want that - go get it.

Therapy at Vet Centers is usually pretty good.

You can just drop in at your closest Vet Center take either or both

a copy of your Rating Decision a copy of DD214,

and speak with someone about accessing services there.

You do not need to contact or have VA's approval of this.

If you need meds for MH the Vet Center can refer you to MH for Medications

and management of them.

jmho,

carlie