VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Process Timeline?

Rate this question

kellan15

Question

I appealed my additional conditions related to my service connect 10%. After a year I got a call and was advised to report for a C&P exam. I just call the DVA and they said received the exams results a month later on 12/04/09. What's next and how long will it take to complete? The doc said that I would qualify for voc rehab now, so I assume he's going to upgrade me? Any advise? or just wait another year? Thanks for your time.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can qualify for Voc Rehab with 10 percent.

You need to get your grabbers on the actual C and P exam results.

That is the golden ticket.

J

I appealed my additional conditions related to my service connect 10%. After a year I got a call and was advised to report for a C&P exam. I just call the DVA and they said received the exams results a month later on 12/04/09. What's next and how long will it take to complete? The doc said that I would qualify for voc rehab now, so I assume he's going to upgrade me? Any advise? or just wait another year? Thanks for your time.

kellan,

What additional disability/s did you file a claim for ?

What disability/s were denied or lowballed.

Did you file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD)(thereby starting the appeals process).

Was your C&P done at a VAMC ?

If yes - have you requested a copy of the C&P ?

VA has no time limit to complete anything.

VA decision makers decide what qualify's for what.

C&P examiners just do the exam - they have no part in making the decisions,

yet if they do a good job or a crummy job can have an effect on the issues.

jmho,

carlie

kellan15,

Have you sent off to St Louis for your c-file? I read where you say you sent off for them 8 times.Do you use a VSO(veterans service officer)? Did you go to the medical information/records dept and request a copy of your C&P exam? Any treatments at any VAMC, you can request copies of exams. reports, labs, anything ordered or done there.

What conditions have you applied for? Do you have medical records for treatments for your claimed disabilities? Did the disablilities begin during your service enlistment? Aggravated by these?

With some answers to the questions others have posted too, the friends you will find here, will all search around to assist you with answers if available or with suggerstions you may follow to seek a favorable outcome. :(

NORMALLY, once the results of a C&P have been received by your rater the decision will follow within 30-60 days. Notice I said NORMALLY - there is really no firm time line on any thing done at the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

halos2 - why would anyone send to St Louis for a c-file copy??? C-files are kept at the RO.

pr

kellan15,

Have you sent off to St Louis for your c-file? I read where you say you sent off for them 8 times.Do you use a VSO(veterans service officer)? Did you go to the medical information/records dept and request a copy of your C&P exam? Any treatments at any VAMC, you can request copies of exams. reports, labs, anything ordered or done there.

What conditions have you applied for? Do you have medical records for treatments for your claimed disabilities? Did the disablilities begin during your service enlistment? Aggravated by these?

With some answers to the questions others have posted too, the friends you will find here, will all search around to assist you with answers if available or with suggerstions you may follow to seek a favorable outcome. :rolleyes: