VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Was My Tbi Claim Deferred?

Rate this question

airbornevirgo

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They may have deferred the TBI increase while waiting for new evidende. Maybe they are going to set up a new C&P exam. I would make an Iris inquiry and ask why my TBI is deferred. If I did not get an answer I would file a NOD and tell the VA you disagree with the decision to defer your increase because they have all the evidence they need to make a decision. At least this may help get them to get off their asses and make a decision. You can't go anywhere unless they decide yes or no. It is one of their games to stall and run you around until you let some deadline pass.

I see your at 80% and you said "tbi upgrade". Are you already SC for the TBI?

Yes I was at 60% the VA just gave me 30% PTSD which made it 80%. I am rated 30% Post-Concussion Symdrome, TBI, in which I asked for an upgrade under the new rules. They granted me 30% PTSD "lowballed" and they deffered my TBI claim, but I dont know why, because I took my TBI exam back in April 09 and I have no additional evidence to turn in. My parachute collapsed on a jump Nov 2005 which cause me to slam to the ground and have a loss of counciousness for over an hour.