VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Adjustment Disorder?

Rate this question

Mariel

Question

Hello all. I'm new here. Can someone tell me if Chronic Adjustment Disorder secondary to a diagnosed heart condition is compensible? I have researched this thoroughly, but I can't seem to get a straight answer. Some forums say it is, some say it isn't. I do know that it is in the VASRD. But would the VA pay to compensate for it? Thanks in advance.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Adjustment Disorder used to be VA code for Personality Disorder. Would you like to elaborate who when and where the diagnosis was made. By the way there is a direct connection between Mitral Valve Prolapse and Panic Disorder

And you are so correct ;). But it is also true that a adjustment disorder has to follow and examination by a psychological physician as to nexus-field the connection so that the rater can better classified said discussion into a specific rating category.

• HadIt.com Elder

How would someone with acute combat fatigue be rated if they were evacuated from the combat zone and later discharged? I know this happened often in Vietnam. I wonder what sort of DX they ended up with and what kind of discharge they got. This was before PTSD.

Something I found interesting is the ratings for Adjustment Disorder and PTSD are the same, however the same symptoms that get you 100% PTSD only get you 60% Adjustment disorder. HA! Typical VA

hawkfire27,

Do you have a link that supports your statement above.

I have yet to find anything that supports this.

In fact - there is not ANY 60 percent level for ANY mental health disability.

To my knowledge, the Adjustment Disorder gets rated by the same

Schedule Of Rating Mental Disorders, as all other mental health disabilities.

carlie

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/jul.../38cfr4.130.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder
And you are so correct ;). But it is also true that a adjustment disorder has to follow and examination by a psychological physician as to nexus-field the connection so that the rater can better classified said discussion into a specific rating category.

Rater:

Welcome to Hadit. Please hang with us as all new members have to go through a short moderation process but after a post or twp usually get full posting privileges.

I suspect by your comment that you are or were a rater for VARO. Just keep in m ind we appreciate anyone that comes here to help Veterans with their claims but we also have members who are really mad at VA.

If you are VA or a Veteran we welcome you.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Carlie,

If someone got a 60% rating for MH, would that constitute it being assigned as extraschedular?

Carlie,

If someone got a 60% rating for MH, would that constitute it being assigned as extraschedular?

Vync,

IMO - if a vet is only rated for one disability and it is a MH disability and the

VBA assigns it as 60 percent SC'd - no that would not be extra schedular, it would

be an error on the decision makers part.

The Schedule for Rating Mental Health disabilities does not have a 60 percent level.

I have found that when someone thinks they are SC'd at 60 percent

due to a MH disability - they have forgotten their rating for say something like

Tinnitus.

jmho,

carlie