VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bupropion Hcl 150mg

Rate this topic

I was seen in mental health today and they prescribed me this medication. I am supposed to go back in a month to evaluate how the medicine is doing. He said they may have to increase the dosage at that time. Has anyone used or currently using this medicine? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bupropin is taken by my husband as well as Citalopram and Divalproex and Alprazolam. All for mental health. The Bupropin was discontinued after he had a seizure last year. The Bupropin has been restarted this past week. When he was taking it did help but does take time to work into your system. We hope this helps you also. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response vet and wife. I was curious because this is the first medicine prescribed to me for mental health. The doctor did say if would take awhile to get in my system. He also said I would become irritable at the beginning. My wife commented that it won't be from the medicine. :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for the response vet and wife. I was curious because this is the first medicine prescribed to me for mental health. The doctor did say if would take awhile to get in my system. He also said I would become irritable at the beginning. My wife commented that it won't be from the medicine. :rolleyes:

I've been taking this medication for several years, sometimes they have to increase it. I was, for a while a couple of years ago, taking a couple hundred miligrams more than reccomended, but they finally (or, maybe I should say, I finally) got me down again, to the reccomended maintenance dosage.

It has made a good improvement since I have been taking it. I just worry that, someday, it will become less effective and I will not be able to tolerate a vastly increased dosage.........then I'll be up the creek sans paddle.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same meds, and I found that this is one that has helped me more than any other with my PTSD(30%) and depression.

I had to get used to it, as it did cause some irritation/aggrivation in the begining until we got the dosage correct.

• HadIt.com Elder

All dependent on the person, mine works, so far. Got 'happy' about three weeks into it. Can't figure life without it been taking it for awhile. Missed a couple of doses and had repercussions, moody, 'whys everybody always looking at me' feelings. I have more confidence in myself, I think.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up!