VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Birmingham,al Vamc

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

signs are posted saying hey are the #8 VA hospital in the country. Right.....

Despite having 9 floors, most of the elevators are broken

clinics are moved around so often that the directional signs cannot be trusted

always under construction building some new wing, takes way too long

no privacy. Being triaged in same room as. 3 other dudes reminds me of that identity theft commercial

shuttle bus to parking deck is glorified roller coaster or red neck mud-boggin. Those of us with back or joint problem really hurt afterthe short ride. Some people on the bus are 'ripe' and in bad need of showers.

cafeteria is decent

cantina/aafes store is decent but overcrowded, people don't need those 'as seen on tv' items or a snuggie. Where is the flower shop?

Sorrry for my ranting...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
signs are posted saying hey are the #8 VA hospital in the country. Right.....

Despite having 9 floors, most of the elevators are broken

clinics are moved around so often that the directional signs cannot be trusted

always under construction building some new wing, takes way too long

no privacy. Being triaged in same room as. 3 other dudes reminds me of that identity theft commercial

shuttle bus to parking deck is glorified roller coaster or red neck mud-boggin. Those of us with back or joint problem really hurt afterthe short ride. Some people on the bus are 'ripe' and in bad need of showers.

cafeteria is decent

cantina/aafes store is decent but overcrowded, people don't need those 'as seen on tv' items or a snuggie. Where is the flower shop?

Sorrry for my ranting...

Sounds like a terrible place. The parking decks are an interesting addition, since parking seems to be a universal problem with most VAMCs. However, the roller coaster ride to the deck sounds a bit bizarre.

But you just gotta love them. When I reported for my C&P for hypertension my BP was 134/243. They refused to conduct the C&P until I walked over to the ER and saw a doc. I did so - he gave me meds to drop my BP down to 110/200 and sent me back to the C&P clinic.

They then told me that they could not conduct the exam since I missed my time slot and that one would be rescheduled. The VARO denied my claim due to I failed to show for a C&P exam. Now if that had not been so damn funny I might have blown a gasket hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Took me three years to work that one out. Yep God bless the Birmingham VAMC! I was young to the system at that time. If they tried that crap now they would probably have to pry my one good usable hand from the door knob at the C&P exam clinic before they could jail me.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Shamrock,

Yes, it leads to the classroom and auditorium, both of which are so cold that they can be used for hanging meat!

Ricky,

Yes, I had them try something like that with my also in the late 1990's. I was actually in the waiting room for the C&P clinic and they told me that I had missed my appointment. I raised some hell, because I had my C&P letter in hand showing the place, date, and time.