VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Qtc

Rate this question

AimHigh1986

Question

I received a letter from QTC today and say that I need to contact my physician regarding the findings of my chest x-rays and EKG from my C&P exam. Is this a routine letter, or should I worry that they found something unusual? (I'm claiming heart disease/heart bypass surgery secondary to SC hypertension.) Has anyone else out there received such a letter?

Thanks,

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got my CT scan results back. There's some inflamed "tissue" in my left breast area. I'm not certain what this means, but it doesn't appear to warrant another surgery. I just have to bite the bullet and deal with the pain.

By coincidence, I already had an appointment scheduled with my cardiologist. I had a CT scan performed today. I guess I'll find out soon what's going on in my chest.

As for requesting a copy of the C&P exam findings from the VA -- won't that slow down my claim processing? I'm hoping that they wrap things up pretty soon; they have everything that they need. I'm afraid that if I contact the VA about getting a copy of the C&P exam, they will take my file and sit it in a large pile full of other records requests.

when requesting a copy of your C&P exam send in a release of information form 10-5345 to the VA hospital that performed the C&P because they keep a copy in your medical record there.And it should have nothing to do with the processing of your claim.

I just received a letter from the VA dated 22 Dec stating " we have received your application for benefits." What gives? They received my reopen claim back in August. As a matter of fact, just last week they sent a letter dated 18 Dec stating that my claim is being processed and that they apologize for the delay. All of my C&P exams for my reopen claim have been scheduled and completed. Are they trying to stall for more time with this latest letter? And can they DO that??

I tried calling the 800 number but they said that there were too many calls and they couldn't patch me thru to a counselor.

Question: if I am granted temporary 100% (3 months) for my heart bypass surgery, how would my retired pay be affected for those 3 months? Would my retired pay increase temporarily as well? Right now I'm rated 70% and am receiving concurrent receipt.

• HadIt.com Elder

You will get the extra money. It should not affect anything. Are you working? Are you scheduled to go back to work in 3 Months?

Thanks. Yes I went back to work about 2 months after my surgery.

I just got off the phone with a VA counselor...he said my reopen claim was completed on 15 Dec and I should have received a decision letter. He said he'd mail out another one since I haven't received it yet. Must be bad news...when I called a few years ago to check on my initial claim, the counselor told me the decision over the phone. This time, the counselor said that he couldn't tell me anything over the phone. :angry: