VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mst Ptsd Denial

Rate this question

YMC883

Question

Hi everyone! Although I have been visiting this forum for quite some time this is the first time I've actually posted. I received my denial letter from the DRO yesterday. I was a bit bummed but not entirely upset which is good in a odd way. It means my antidepressants and lithium actually work otherwise I'd be crying hysterically, ha. I can't figure out why it keeps getting denied. To make a long story short about my situation, I was sexually assaulted by a coworker. After that incident I blocked it out of my mind. I didn't want to believe that something like that happened to me. I was getting ready for my overseas physical when I found out I was pregnant. I hadn't had sex with anyone since that night. That's when I had to face the fact that what happened that night was real. I made a report to NCIS and they said I didn't follow the criteria for someone who'd been sexually assaulted. WTF?!? I got counseling while in service and after service to the present. He was demoted and I was forced out. They said I had "personality disorder". Yeah of course my personality is going to change after something like that, yeesh. Prior to the sexual assault he had harassed me all the time about the guys I like to date. But as usual I just blocked it out of my mind and didn't think much of it. Besides I don't think there's any way I could prove the harassment. That's pretty much it. I just need a pep talk I guess. Thanks to all who respond.

ymc

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Dear Sis, YMC883. Very sorry to read about your situation, Is that it, as far as help, benefits? Seems like since that person got demoted, there was culpability. (speaking from my head and heart). Hope that whatever road you go, Please love yourself, and if you choose, don't give up. Much love maset22

• HadIt.com Elder

YMC

I am sorry I missed this post but I have not been reading much the last week plus.

First of all from the facts that you have presented I believe that you have enough to prove your claim. Are you able to work at this time?

There are many here who know more about MST and can help but I do know that you need to be seeing someone

Good Luck and never give up.

I got counseling while in service and after service to the present. He was demoted and I was forced out. They said I had "personality disorder".

ymc

ymc,

When were you discharged and what type of

discharge did you recieve ?

Do you have copies of your SMR/STR's.

What do some of the counseling SMR's state

regarding the incident ?

Did you talk with a doctor or clergy when this happened ?

Were you still AD when you found out you were pregnant

and/or did you seek a pregnacy test while AD?

carlie

ymc883, I hope you are still reading the board. your situation is very serious in my book. Hope you get help and question answer here or other places. Wish you well.