VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd

Rate this question

rotorhead

Question

I am looking for feedback from some of you knowledgible veterans on this forum.

U.S. Army 1967-1973 RVN 1969-1971

History; Heart attack in Jan. 05, Triple bypass in Nov 05. Have ISD per private Cardiologist, 2 Stents in July 09, I am currantly being treated at VA hospital in Johnston City, TN for Heart, HBP, Sleep Disorder(severe sleep apenea, use bi-pap machine when I do sleep),Enlarged Prostrate, Restless Leg Disorder

11 different meds supplied by VA pharm.

I filed for SC,ed Heart Disease in 2005 and was denied,now that IHD is AO persumptive, refiled Aug 09 for Service Connection.VSO recomended a new claim instead of reopening old claim, I am working with VSO, but not really feeling as if he is on my side. No input from him, no advise,makes me sometimes feel like I am just trying to work the system.

Also have filed for Diabetes II Blood Glucose has been as high as 252 fasting and have med records back to heart attack with readingof104 to 240 fasting. Cardioligst sent letter stating Diabetes controlled with diet.

Also claim for PTSD , typical problems as most, rage, anger, 3 marriages, 12 jobs in 40 years, nightmares, workplace violence( smacked dude who called me a bi**ch and meant it. 30 days off and anger management.),mood instability,low frustration tolerance, self-destructive behavior, intermittent explosive disorder and PTSD per Psychologist in 1996, darn sure doesn't make me sound good . I do have stressor medaL, Air Medal with V Device, MOS was 67A1F.

Service connected 0% for foot problems.

Denied for Tinnius and bi-latteral hearing loss, denial reason, loss due to being a diesel mechanic and truck driver,

I guess what I am asking is can you change VSO's in the middle of a claim, or ride it out.

Thanks for the chance to vent, but sometimes battle is so fricking hard.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Rotorhead -I assume you were exposed to AO- in Vietnam? And are claiming what will soon be a legal AO presumptive- ischemic heart disease?

"I am disabled due to heart condidtion and on Social Security Disiability."

Make sure the VA is award of this as it is very probative evidence for TDIU award.

Did your vet rep tell you to apply for TDIU?

It doesnt matter whether you have a VA rating or not-if your service connected conditions cause you to be unemployable-you should apply for and be awarded TDIU.

Edited by Berta

Hello:

Being from Tennessee also and using the Johnson City VA can suggest you go to va rep in morristown. A lot more info and helpful.

He is located behind the new walmart on 25w right in front of congressman roe's office.

rotorhead,

Thanks for the air cover. We all appreciated it.

I just received my big brown envelope requesting for more info on my claim for IHD. They stated the claim is being processed but still needs to be added to the Ferderal Register. I started having heart problems in 91. I have 4 stints plus a leaky heart valve. I want to congratulate you for winning your claim with SS. I filed a SSDI claim and was denied to the end except I did not file an appeal in federal court. My attorney said she wasn't qualified to do it and I couldn't find anyone else who would. Problem with living in a small town I guess. I just sent off a letter to my state senator to see if I could possibly re-file even though the time period for appealing has expired.

If I were you I would defently file again for your hearing loss and tittinus. The ringing and buzzing is enough to drive anyone nuts. :-) I was exposed to constant artillery fire and small arms fire.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply Sgt Schmidt, SSDI was a real eye opener for me. I had not realized the government was going to try everything it could do to prove that I was NOT disabled. I went into the deal that it was just as routine as getting your license renewed. I had a clear and proviable case and I was crushed when I was denied. After,a bout of servere depression, I got mad. I was lucky I guess that I found a law office that would take my case on. I did cost me 25% of my award but they make it too hard for a regular joe to unwind the layers of crap. SS even had the gall to tell me if I would take less of a lump sum they would award my claim. I took there deal on advise of my attorney(he was max'ed out on his part). I guess what I am saying is get a phone book from a larger city close to you and try to find a lawyer who will take your case and refile.

Thanks for the reply Sgt Schmidt, SSDI was a real eye opener for me. I had not realized the government was going to try everything it could do to prove that I was NOT disabled. I went into the deal that it was just as routine as getting your license renewed. I had a clear and proviable case and I was crushed when I was denied. After,a bout of servere depression, I got mad. I was lucky I guess that I found a law office that would take my case on. I did cost me 25% of my award but they make it too hard for a regular joe to unwind the layers of crap. SS even had the gall to tell me if I would take less of a lump sum they would award my claim. I took there deal on advise of my attorney(he was max'ed out on his part). I guess what I am saying is get a phone book from a larger city close to you and try to find a lawyer who will take your case and refile.

I'll check into finding a different attorney. ( I have one in mind) One of the problems I face is I haven't paid into social security in over 8 years because I worked in law enforcement. My disability started before my credits ran out for SSDI though. The education officer even said at the time of my ALJ hearing that there wasn't any jobs for me in my field that required light duty employment. I checked the judges rating over the years and his award ratings has declined . I should have known that. :-) You know the old saying about If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Seems to fit me to a "T" The letter I sent to my senator was asking his opinion about re-filing since IHD was added to AO exposure.

When I received my final denial I was ready to go postal. I know now why they have armed guards at the SS office. My employment in law enforcement reminds me daily to stay cool even though it's very difficuly at times to do so. Guess that's why I stay on the anti depressants. ;-)

Jeff