VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am On My Way

Rate this question

maset22

Question

As I sink in the cognitive processing therapy, I feel lousy, I can't stop, but the thought of remembering is upsetting at least. As anyone gotten better with this? Where am I headed? Just questions. Someone please feedback.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It takes a lot of strength to get to where you have gotten. So yes, I think you will get better. The lousy was already there. But walking through it is so much harder than walking around it. But each step takes you one step closer to the other side of it. There, the view is different.

Free

As I sink in the cognitive processing therapy, I feel lousy, I can't stop, but the thought of remembering is upsetting at least. As anyone gotten better with this? Where am I headed? Just questions. Someone please feedback.

• HadIt.com Elder

I've been told that this therapy works and that its not "the cure". Rather a process to help one better manage the symptoms. However, like everything it has different affects on people.

I wish you luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know if it works or not but I do think you will learn to be able to spot triggers and deal with them.

Maybe just having a game plan helps at least I think it does.

At every step of the process, just trying to do the next assignment brings a strange feelings of not wanting to think about the occurrence, much less writing about it. Now a deadline is approaching, so I will persevere but; I seems to have been thinking about this for so long. I am dragging.

I have been going to CBT for my bipolar and I think I like it but not sure yet. It seems to help hearing others talk about their symptoms and how they deal with them. I still haven't gotten comfortable speaking yet about my issues.

Jerr