VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has This Happen To Anyone?

Rate this question

applejack

Question

:) 10/1 iu deferred due to receipt of va form 21-8940 11/1 mailed form in the va priorty mail.return receipt arrive at va 11/6 call 800 on 11/30 they received 21-8940 ok good send request via iris form arrived va on 11/15 still working on it received letter va 12/20 iu denied no receipt of va form, ???????? any info helpful , send iris today asking them to verify. the vsr is not check folder any comments tks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

:) 10/1 iu deferred due to receipt of va form 21-8940 11/1 mailed form in the va priorty mail.return receipt arrive at va 11/6 call 800 on 11/30 they received 21-8940 ok good send request via iris form arrived va on 11/15 still working on it received letter va 12/20 iu denied no receipt of va form, ???????? any info helpful , send iris today asking them to verify. the vsr is not check folder any comments tks

Wow! Do you text alot? lol

Are you saying that you sent the form 21-8940, and they received it on 11/6 (confirmed by the return receipt, the toll-free number, and an IRIS response) but now they have denied your claim on the basis that they did not receive the form?

Free

• HadIt.com Elder

Applejack,

When the Va played those tricks with me and it happened many times.

I faxed a copy to my Senator and told him to tell the Veterans Affairs that the copies I was sending was not being acknowledged and would he please fax them for me with his attached Letter Head.

When he faxed them for me, The Va and the AMC and the BVA had no problem whatsoever

of posting them to my claim.

Same day service for him.

You may wish to do this, but also have him send a copy of your return receipt so you will not loose any money.

Just how it worked for me.

Wow! Do you text alot? lol

Are you saying that you sent the form 21-8940, and they received it on 11/6 (confirmed by the return receipt, the toll-free number, and an IRIS response) but now they have denied your claim on the basis that they did not receive the form?

Free

yes

yes

As Josephine suggested - you may want to get a Congressman / Senator involved. Take them a copy of the denial letter, the form you sent in, the signed return receipt, the IRIS confirming they had received the form, and any record you may have of the phone call. Ask them to check out why the VA denied your claim on the basis they did not receive the form when all evidence shows they did receive it and even acknowledged that they did.

Sometimes getting a Congressperson involved can slow down a claim. But in this case it might speed it up.

I played run around with them for a couple of years on my widow's month of death payment. They had froze the money in my bank account for months and eventually reclaimed it. When I got a copy of the C-file I even found a transmittal stating I was entitled to my husband's last payment and instructing finance to RELEASE the hold on my money. Instead, they reclaimed the money (i.e. took it out of my bank account) a couple of months after being instructed to release the hold.

When I called this to the VA's attention - I just got responses they would forward the info to the appropriate unit and that I would get a letter. I never got a letter.

When it became public that the VA had not paid the month of death payment to many widows (on the excuse that they didn't know the widows existed in most cases) they set up a special unit to deal with the month of death payment issues. I contacted the special unit, and gave them all the info(that the VA had already APPROVED my payment, but had not paid me). Again, I got nowhere with that.

I gave all the info to my local Congressman, and I got my check in about a month or so, and a letter a few weeks later where the VA actually admitted they had handled my claim incorrectly.

So it might be worth a shot to call your Congressman.

Free

Edited by free_spirit_etc